Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Behind the scenes: Mails and messages we get

Shouldn't emails and private messages be considered as private and confidential?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Wilson
    Shouldn't emails and private messages be considered as private and confidential?
    Nobody has been identified, so I don't see the problem. Besides, frankly if people are stupid enough to write some of this stuff I think they deserve to be made examples of. It might prompt them to get their arse in gear and learn how to use a camera instead of insulting volunteers who are simply doing their job.

Paul
    Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by PMN
    Besides, frankly if people are stupid enough to write some of this stuff I think they deserve to be made examples of. It might prompt them to get their arse in gear and learn how to use a camera instead of insulting volunteers who are simply doing their job.
    What he says! Besides, some of those comments are too funny to be read just by one admin or senior

Maybe it was those dustspots we cant even see with the HUMAN eye......

Just because 'some' can't see them on their monitors doesn't mean they are not visible Daryl.

Holy shit, I just fell upon this thread and I'm laughing so hard I knocked my beer over!!! HAHAHAHAHA Good thing the dog is thirsty!

I got this stunner a week back (sent via a.net's interface to me on one of my shots)
    You have Boeing 757 Cargo aircraft to sell?
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hkgspotter1 View Post
    Maybe it was those dustspots we cant even see with the HUMAN eye......
    I think that this is a good point, dirty scan can only be visible on some pics when u up the contrast to 100%, who looks at pics like that? Homeland security?

To be honest I find (and i dont have a problem with this) that photos get rejected simply because they are not good enough, not because of softness or colours, but cos its boring or crap. There should be a reason called "Not good enough" or "Not to JP standard".

First off all there is a huge difference between a fully calibrated monitor and a not calibrated one. Secondly we often click scan/cmos as an advice, wheen there is another major error and a barely noticeable dust spot.
    Finally we do not reject fpr boring and it never play part in screening.

Quote Originally Posted by benpaul12 View Post
    Homeland security?
    The screeners do.

Quote Originally Posted by benpaul12 View Post
    To be honest I find (and i dont have a problem with this) that photos get rejected simply because they are not good enough, not because of softness or colours, but cos its boring or crap. There should be a reason called "Not good enough" or "Not to JP standard".
    Considering how many side-on and "boring" shots (not to be harsh, I upload them too ) pictures are accepted everyday, that's obviously not the case. Though measures like that are taken at the blue site.

Quote Originally Posted by JordanD View Post
    The screeners do.

Considering how many side-on and "boring" shots (not to be harsh, I upload them too ) pictures are accepted everyday, that's obviously not the case. Though measures like that are taken at the blue site.
    yes but the others are on the extreme opposite now, accepting blurry cut-off dark pictures. At least they do if another screener is the photog.

back on topic, "boring" can`t be applied in aviation photography. Yes, for many a side-on of an AA MD80 is not that appealing, having seen thousands of similar shots, yet some people actually prefer these kind of shots that the more "complex" ones, since the side-on is the best when you want to keep a data-base approach. And they always recieve a few hundred hits, so there is always a crowd for these shots

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto U. View Post
    yes but the others are on the extreme opposite now, accepting blurry cut-off dark pictures. At least they do if another screener is the photog.
    Example?

"Boring" is just a matter of personal opinion, not something that the screeners use to determine a pictures worthiness of a spot in the database. Some shots appeal or don't appeal to certain people.

Care to elaborate on that?

All screeners [here on JP] undergo the same screening procedure as any other uploader and if anything are judged harder as the screeing team should be setting an example.
    Last edited by B7772ADL; 09-28-2008 at 07:54 AM. Reason: added a bit in which makes my comment seem more sense now

"Boring" is just a matter of personal opinion, not something that the screeners use to determine a pictures worthiness of a spot in the database. Some shots appeal or don't appeal to certain people.
    Jordan hit the nail on the head (surprisingly ).

There are plenty of fleet spotters all over the world who don't consider a photo worthy of viewing unless it's, for lack of a better term, a "roster shot." This term comes from the railroad photography realm, and it basically means "a side on photo taken from a non-extreme angle in good light."

Is that my particular cup of tea? Not at all. I'd much prefer to see an artistically composed photo showing an interesting setting or background, even where the plane is part of a much bigger picture. We realize that everyone has different tastes, however, so as long as an image meets our very transparent quality and composition criteria, it's accepted.

I try to screen every photo as objectively as humanly possible, even if it's not my "preferred" style of photo, and I know the rest of the team does as well.
    Trump is an idiot!
    Vote Democrats!!

Quote Originally Posted by B7772ADL View Post
    Care to elaborate on that?

All screeners undergo the same screening procedure as any other uploader and if anything are judged harder as the screeing team should be setting an example.
    I know that some of the recently controversial accepted pictures on the other site have been accepted because of the name of the photographer. No need to say who, but on a few threads over there it's pretty clear. They even admitted it

In any case, just to clarify, I also agreed in my previous post that "boring" can't be applied to photography, and in aviation especially

I know that some of the recently controversial accepted pictures on the other site have been accepted because of the name of the photographer. No need to say who, but on a few threads over there it's pretty clear. They even admitted it
    Both sites work completely different, I think that's pretty evident by just browsing the forums here. You won't get banned here for mentioning 'the other site' where as you may be on a.net. You won't get jumped on by the grammar Police (mind you, theres some odd people ) - Theres plenty of screeners on here who get rejections, just like everybody else. I am obviously lieing though. Beer and money is the way to get bad pictures accepted.
    Sam

Just like Sam said, jetphotos.net is not "the other site."

Just like Sam said, jetphotos.net is not "the other site."
    Oh, I am well aware of that, and I never implied that. I hope that's not how it came out because it was not my intention. And if it did, I appologize

hope its clear

A few funny emails I get from time to time! Some just make me laugh and laugh!!!

hi Im writing you from turkey.can you send me how much money is it???
    thank you....

(http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6053734)

hello, my name is ***** ******, have ** years, I like much aviation, of I also throw volume photos and game simulator 2004 in vatsim, gustaria to put to me to me in contact with you since in these vacations of summer I am wanted to go to work to Vancouver and would want to ask some doubts to him that I have, without but at the moment him control a great greeting from MMSP.
    (http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6267295)

Hello, we are interested in buying a new helicopter for the company, Bell 212 will have some for sale with a few hours after the last maintenance?
    Greetings
    Sales Mexico
    Ph:***********

(http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6036794)

hi
    my nameisjavad
    iama pilot .i need information about bell214
    if you can please send mesome structure map from bell214
    please
    tank you

(http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6001656)