Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SV 772ER lands at Riyadh with a damaged wing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SV 772ER lands at Riyadh with a damaged wing.

Originally posted by Liveleak
    A Boeing 777 landed at Riyadh airport in Saudi Arabia recently with a damaged wing,it appears to be leaking hydraulic liquid everywhere
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Hmmm....that's interesting...

Comment

What is that? At first I thought that part of the landing gear strut came lose and pushed through the wing but the landing was too smooth for that. Is it a part of the flap control strut?
      Signatures are overrated

Comment

Interesting video, the landing was even text book as far the touching down was concerned. As for the causes, I try my luck with a combination of fluid overfill and overheating
        Thanks for visiting
        *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
        *JetPhotos*
        Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

What the hell is THAT

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86
            What the hell is THAT
            Something that would make you worried as hell if you were sitting at a seat where you could see all that fluid leaking out.
            Terry
            Lurking at JP since the BA 777 at Heathrow and AD lost responsiveness to the throttles.
            How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth? Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Wouldn’t that be a lever/controll arm for a control surface? Like a pin popped out and the lever went the wrong direction.

If I am going to get wrongly blamed for it I guess I might as well say it.

It could be terrorism / sabotage.

Comment

Originally posted by ATFS_Crash
                Wouldn’t that be a lever/controll arm for a control surface? Like a pin popped out and the lever went the wrong direction.

If I am going to get wrongly blamed for it I guess I might as well say it.

It could be terrorism / sabotage.
                Eh I think terrorists would have just gone ahead and used a bomb or something so they could claim responsibility. I mean, what would anybody gain from an aircraft malfunction if it was just that?
                Maybe I'm thinking into your remark too much.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
                  Eh I think terrorists would have just gone ahead and used a bomb or something so they could claim responsibility. I mean, what would anybody gain from an aircraft malfunction if it was just that?
                  Maybe I'm thinking into your remark too much.

You are

Indeed quite strange to see, and not something you'd want to see on a Boeing 777 wing!

Alex
                  Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Working...
                  X