Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playboy DC-9-30 - finally complete!!

Happy Saturday to everyone.... [swg]

At long last, I have completed the "Playboy" DC-9-30 I've been trying to get done for the last nine months! [tup] A set of bad decals, then an inability to FIND replacement decals kept holding me up... but it finally made the shelf... enjoy.

I'm also in the "trimming out" process with a Revell "Continental" B-738, and it should be done in the next couple days.

Also, here's the stage I'm at on the Airfix B-722 "cutaway" build; just finished installing all the seat backs (cut from sheet styrene) and overhead luggage compartment. The *passengers* are on there way and will soon populate the interior.

Take care,

Frank
    "Don't aftermarket details save lots of trouble?"
    "Only if you'd rather spend less time modeling!"

wow i could never make any plane look that good.

except that one sopwith camel i had a while ago the got crushed
    I'm the guy... Porter Guy

Comment

You could almost get away with uploading a couple of those shots.

Comment

Nice model! It is cool that you have seats in there! Too bad you don't have any people in the plane!

Comment

Congrats for
          the completion of Black Bunny. Looking at the pictures was well worth the wait.
          and your craftmanship. I trust you in coming up with something great with the 722
          Last edited by uy707; 2008-05-07, 16:43.
          Thanks for visiting
          *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
          *JetPhotos*
          Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Originally posted by CcrlR
            Nice model! It is cool that you have seats in there! Too bad you don't have any people in the plane!
            Thanks!

CcrlR: Keep in mind, the B-727 isn't finished yet. Note in the original post I said the "passengers haven't arrived yet"... I'm being serious; there's 120 "N-Scale" passenger figures coming in the mail that will "populate" the interior.

Porter: If you could only see the number of models that have fell along the way in order to get me to this point... sometimes I even question myself if it's really worth all the time and effort I put into them now.... (then a customer comes up and offers a $1000 to build the plane he flew/worked on/in, and all the questions suddenly disappear) <;-D

Jordan; LOL!! It's funny you mentioned that, because I recently got K-Lined from an airline photography site after their 'experts' discovered they'd been fooled! LOL!!

uy707; Thank you sir! The B-722 is going to be posed on a speed-blurred runway surface, main gear already on the ground but nose gear still 4 or 5 scale ft from touching down, full flaps front & back with the spoilers deflected. On the left side you will be able to see into the cockpit, 1st & 2nd class cabin, engine, and possibly the top part of the "S Duct". The right side will be normal.

Take care,
            Frank
            "Don't aftermarket details save lots of trouble?"
            "Only if you'd rather spend less time modeling!"

Comment

More than a model, this will be a 3D masterpiece.
              Thanks for visiting
              *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
              *JetPhotos*
              Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Working...
              X