No announcement yet.

Your shortest flight by jet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CVG-CMH.....around 15 min. Also have done CLE-CMH.....about 20-25 min.

Comment

My shortest would have to have been CDG-LHR 40 mins or so, after a 6 hour delay!

Comment

Lga-jfk, B-727.

Comment

Originally posted by transitfan
          Nice, bet you got a great view of Hampton Roads (and maybe the college I was attending when I took that flight in March 1976, Hampton University (back then it was called Hampton Institute)).
          Yeah, I always like flying into that area. On that flight inparticular I was a bit busy. Short flights are much more work because as soon as you finish everything that you do during/after takeoff you need to start briefing an approach and getting ready to land.

Comment

Those C-141 flights were a bit of a cheat...

Shortest REAL one was over the "limit" here... 147 miles CBR-SYD..

Not many jets each day on that route now....
            Holed up in a cabin in the woods.. with 3 years worth of canned goods.. and a whole bunch of guns.

Comment

Originally posted by lake33 View Post
              CVG-CMH.....around 15 min. Also have done CLE-CMH.....about 20-25 min.
              Actually, CVG-CMH is about 28min, so is CVG-DAY, JFK-BDL, all of which I've done from upfront.

CVG-LEX is barely 20 min.

Comment

Originally posted by Spad13 View Post
                Actually, CVG-CMH is about 28min, so is CVG-DAY, JFK-BDL, all of which I've done from upfront.

CVG-LEX is barely 20 min.
                Yeah, you're right. I just did CMH-CVG again last month and it was a little longer than what I remembered the first time. CVG-CMH was on a 737 while CMH-CVG was an E135, not sure how significant of a difference if any that would make....

Comment

Originally posted by chrisburns View Post
                  COS-DEN, in-flight time, 12min.
                  And to think DC-10s did that in the 90s.
                  sigpic
                  http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Vrign Blue 738 from Melbourne to Launceston, we were about 10 minutes delayed on the ground (traffic) so we had to make time in the air. The flight took about 25-30 minutes.
                    There's nothing like an airport for bringing you down to earth. — Richard Gordon

Comment

Shortest by jet: used a crazy routing of: ORD to IND to DAY to CVG on American

off topic shortest by commercial prop: SAN to LAX to ONT on Skywest/United

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD View Post
                        Can't remember. They landed at LOU and unloaded the pax then got right back in and fired it up. I tried to find it on flightaware but it was too long ago. There was however this flight: http://flightaware.com/live/flight/TTX1236
                        Seems to be a common occurence!
                        There was also a Lear 35 a few weeks ago that filed IFR for KJVY-KSDF, which is 11 nm. It seems like it'd be a lot cheaper for them to pay for a rental car to take the 15 minute car trip. Hell, with preflight preparations and all that it'd actually be quicker to drive.
                        Maybe they had a few bucks to spend?
                        August 29th will be the worst day of the year.

Comment

My shortest flight on a jet was MUC-INN on a LH-CRJ900. Flighttime under 30 minutes...

Comment

My shortest was 22 minutes from LPA/GCLP to TFN/GCXO on board a Boeing 734 from Futura (recently closed).
                            It was a nice flight
                            La Roche Spotters

Comment

A300 Air Jamica PHL-BWI
                              August 29th will be the worst day of the year.

Comment

747-400 Ontario CA to LAX.

7 minutes. Only time I've been cleared to intercept a Localiser before takeoff.

Comment

Working...
                                X