Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backlit photos

Hello mates,

I am from Bahrain and the chanes to do photography there is about 20%, There is only one place which offers a 30 degree angle and most of the traffic is morning (Backlit) or Evening (Night) - I am very keen to get your opinion and would JP make an exception to get my shots to the DB hence I think I have a strong reason for shooting backlit.

Best Regards,
    M.T

So there is a WHOLE 1 spot to take photos from? Perhaps take a few and upload them into this thread so we can have a look and see how backlit they are.

Comment

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Is it just me, or does it seem like there is more than one spot to takes pics from.

Comment

Originally posted by Airbus_A320
        http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?country=Bahrain

Is it just me, or does it seem like there is more than one spot to takes pics from.
        The 3rd and 5th pic are my spot. The others are near the runway which leads into Arrest if you were caught !

Comment

Originally posted by Brenden S
          So there is a WHOLE 1 spot to take photos from? Perhaps take a few and upload them into this thread so we can have a look and see how backlit they are.
          Hello, Ignore the other reasons as I found the problem with dust and I made it right :

I am very glad that I am learning as when I re-edit my shots and see the one got rejected I only say: WTF,, That's not me

Regards,
          Mo

Comment

We can not lower the general standards for such circumstances. Bahrain is not the only airport in the world with difficult spotting. So if the plane is backlit it will be rejected as such.

Comment

Originally posted by seahawk
              We can not lower the general standards for such circumstances. Bahrain is not the only airport in the world with difficult spotting. So if the plane is backlit it will be rejected as such.
              I guess that pulled the last strow, What's the point of uploading if all shots will be rejected ?

Comment

A9C-EL. Airbus A320-212. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Looks like the same spot and not backlit at all.

And the 2 you have in the db are not backlit either.

Comment

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6164541

Looks like the same spot and not backlit at all.

And the 2 you have in the db are not backlit either.
                  That picture was taken in the Afternoon. Problem is there is only 2 planes in the afternoon departing and 2 arriving so not worth it at all ! - And regarding the 2 they were taking during their taxi which I reck-on is not a backlit problem but I am sure we will all get bored of planes taxing out shots - I want to get some on Approach and Landing.

Tips?

/Mo

Comment

Better well lit taxi shots, then backlit approach shots, donīt you think ?

Comment

Better well lit taxi shots, then backlit approach shots, donīt you think ?
                      You win - i need help with the editing *Yes, I read the 2 workflow of Jid AND i asked help from the forum members* but still need a lot more work.

Regards,
                      Mo

Comment

The others are near the runway which leads into Arrest if you were caught !
                        ...and having worked in the Arabian peninsula, you REALLY don't want to get arrested out there !

You are unfortunately in an awkward position (sic !) for your spotting. There are, however quite a few shots in the database from there and as Seahawk says, we can't move the goalposts for one person.

Do you have any connection with anyone in the security services or police out there. I remember from my time in Saudi Arabia that having contacts helps a lot. I was a SCUBA diver out there and we were under quite severe restrictions on where we could dive until we approached the local Prince with an offer to supply an on call dive search and rescue unit. He gladly accepted the offer and in return we got a "go anywhere" permit.
                        Maybe an offer to become an "eyes and ears" observer on behalf of the security services would work ?
                        If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999
                          ...and having worked in the Arabian peninsula, you REALLY don't want to get arrested out there !

You are unfortunately in an awkward position (sic !) for your spotting. There are, however quite a few shots in the database from there and as Seahawk says, we can't move the goalposts for one person.

Do you have any connection with anyone in the security services or police out there. I remember from my time in Saudi Arabia that having contacts helps a lot. I was a SCUBA diver out there and we were under quite severe restrictions on where we could dive until we approached the local Prince with an offer to supply an on call dive search and rescue unit. He gladly accepted the offer and in return we got a "go anywhere" permit.
                          Maybe an offer to become an "eyes and ears" observer on behalf of the security services would work ?
                          Not in Bahrain mate - There are many Military and US movment and I don't dare to take the photo even for my own album

Comment

Working...
                          X