Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24-105 f/4L IS USM vs. 70-200 f/4L USM? sharpness

Hi there,

I have recently bought a Canon EF-24-105mm f/4L IS USM lens. I also have 70-200mm f/4L USM as well. What I want to ask here is anyones experience on using these two lenses. I am experiencing a lot of softness with my photos using my new 24-105 lens whereas my 70-200 lens is way more sharpen than the 24-105 ones. How can I find out my new lens is operating as it is expected? Should I take to the Canon service centre?

Any tips, opinions and experiences is highly appreciated.

Regards,
    Mehdi.

Take it to the Canon service centre or the place where u purchased it from, you may have a soft copy of the lens , Do a bit of a rant and demand a new one , some people I know have taken 2-3 attempts to get a good copy before they are satisfied.

Comment

Will,

I bought it online, from http://www.photobuff.com.au/
      It was recommended in jetspotters.

BTW, you reckon I should contact them? As it is a L series lens, I thoght should be sharp enough and even more than non-L series ones.

Cheers,
      Mehdi.

Comment

Originally posted by mnazarinia
        Will,

I bought it online, from http://www.photobuff.com.au/
        It was recommended in jetspotters.

BTW, you reckon I should contact them? As it is a L series lens, I thoght should be sharp enough and even more than non-L series ones.

Cheers,
        Mehdi.
        Medhi ,

I'd be inclined to contact them and tell them how you feel and that you're not getting whats expected of L glass and what you've paid for !

Comment

I'm finding my 24-105 as good as my 70-200 F2.8. I'm hard pressed to find much difference between them.

Comment

Working...
          X