JetBlast Accident!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JetBlast Accident!

Well, i don't know what category this piece of news would fit in so i'm just putting it here, ( MODS pls relocate the thread if necessary).

This was an accident waiting to happen given the sprawling slums kissing the BOM/VABB Airport. And to think that i've stood perched on a wall behind that jetblast fence on god knows how many occasions ( i know it sounds crazy and weird), but i've stood bang behind the a/c waiting to takeoff just to experience the full force of jet blast ( although i've grabbed a pole located strategically so save mysef from getting blown off).
    Well, a slum dweller who witnesses this day in and day out wasn't so lucky :
    http://www.ndtv.com/convergence/ndtv...011:46:00%20AM

Don't build a shack at the end of a runway, simple as that.
    Tanner Johnson - Owner
    twenty53 Photography

Comment

THIS CAN ONLY HAPPEN IN INDIA!!!
      News channels amok with the jetblast story, websites as well , etc.

Now this is what really happened- shocking to say the least!
      Lies really have a life of their own!
      On hearing the "news" about the jetblast killing one , i immediately contacted one of my friends who stays near the airport and this is what he witnessed first hand:

1)Firstly, there was no cargo plane at all , infact there was no plane present at all when the incident took place.
      2) This incident took place at a spot behind the TAXIWAY A4 and not behind the RUNWAY as i had thought- as commonsense dictates that "jetblast" would make its presence felt behind a runway !
      3) The huts (shanties) made of cheap mudbricks absorbed the water due to the heavy incessant rains of the past one week and a strong gust of wind threw a wall down which fell on a slumdweller and instantly killed him.
      4) The local Politician arrived with his henchmen ( he is a feared thug ) and brainwashed the slumdwellers into attributing the collapse of the wall to jetblast and that too from a "cargo" plane. ( from my planespotting experience, those blighters dunno the difference between a cargo and passenger plane, now suddenly they've woken up overnight and learnt how to spot planes-hehe).
      5) Then he (the thug) calls the media to the spot....automatically the slumdwellers do as they are told and blame a cargo plane and its jetblast and hey BINGO, that balderash becomes gospel news and gets splashed left right and centre. HeHe, they are even thinking of initiating legal action against the airport and the "errant" pilot who "supposedly" tried to take off from a taxiway ( gimme a break for god's sake) and hence applied full throttle!!!! ( What a laugh).

P.S. Its a shame that lies get propagated and the truth gets suppressed!
      But then again THIS CAN HAPPEN ONLY IN INDIA!!!!! And who's gonna bell the cat!

Comment

"So powerful was the blast that locals claim it completely brought down a hutment in the adjacent Jari Mari slums and damaged over a dozen others."
        Damn thats quite impressive being that short of placing the huts within 200 feet of the engine I can't imagine it actaully happening as the media says. Also a lil funny no one mentions what plane it was being that a lil ATC recording listening and u know in a few minutes. Also WTF? This was an all of the sudden event,the previous dozens of years didn't effect anything? Somehow,someway, a plane so freakin massive and powerful was at this airport and huffed and puffed and blew all the ghandis's houses down?

Comment

Seriously, Guys, was a DGCA inquiry really warranted ? The dynamics of vote bank politics , indeed! After all , there's a fine invisible line seperating slumdwellers from politicians in India!

And even today, the newspapers feature articles this time showing the exact spot bang behind A4 ! Maybe an eviction drive was underway, and hence what an ingenious way to stay in the news and correspondingly stay put! imho, those foolish slumdwellers have dug their own graves! Way to go , you morons!

P.S. All you guys who may have visited BOM/VABB for a session or two of planespotting can check the pic of the exact location behind A4, many enewspapers show it today, you'll see that jetblast couldn't have been the culprit as is being painted and concocted!

Comment

As most Incidents out here....I guess this soon fizzled out.
            regds
            MEL
            Think of the brighter side !

Comment

Working...
            X