Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Photo requests for "Personal use"

JPElite Member!

Read post 23 in this thread.

Based on that I have let Dannis have a shot. Letís face it there are not many publishers that would pay for a 2MB JPEG so I am not sure what we are worrying about.

(We are also assuming that a publisher would want our photographs which might be a little presumptuous.)

Quote Originally Posted by cja
    Read post 23 in this thread.

Based on that I have let Dannis have a shot. Letís face it there are not many publishers that would pay for a 2MB JPEG so I am not sure what we are worrying about.

(We are also assuming that a publisher would want our photographs which might be a little presumptuous.)
    I totally agree. I have let him have one of my pic too:

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6332415

The original file is 4MB but as you can see, it's nothing of a photo that would be good enough to publish. I also gave him the link to this thread so he knows he's famous. Hi Dannis !

JPElite Member!

Thats a strange looking 777 !!!

Yeah, that Dannis asked for a few pics of mine too. But at least when somebody asks for your shot to publish it, you will know where it will be published. I don't know, maybe I have a dozen publications, and its just me who thinks I don't have them .

Quote Originally Posted by AC870
    I've been getting his requests for years now and I've sent him dozens of shots, it might sound suspicious at first but he just gets the shots printed for himself. I've spoken to people who have met him and the guy just loves 777s, I'm confident that he doesn't use the shots for anything other than his collection.

I've gotten a bunch of other requests for "personal use" though and denied most of them.
    Well, he asked for these ones, they don't look like 777s too . These are the only 2 I sent him. And considering the number of picture requests he does - there's no room in any house\apartment to hang all those pictures, and what's the reason having them closed in some envelopes?

[photoid=6273375]
    [photoid=6274893]

JPElite Member!

But start thinking. Why this guy ask only 777? I think he is a great fan about 777. Ive send him two pics of my 777 on Jetphotos:

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6338827

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6338811

Quote Originally Posted by Swen View Post
    Why this guy ask only 777?

Actually he doesn't, as you can see on the previous posts. But I trust him for not using pictures for commercial purposes. I'm actually pretty glad to receive that kind of messages, proof that our pictures are apreciated.

This is the fastest I have ever heard from Dannis, do you think he has some sort of photo request bot? Over at a.net the photo was accepted five minutes ago, a minute after the acceptance email I get.

Hello Bernie,

Is it possible to have this digital picture on Air Canada B777 ID=1418504 and if possible with 2.MB+

Your picture will be only use for my private photos collection on B777 and NOT for commercial use

Sincerely

Dannis

It took him a little over two days to ask about the same photo here. Should I be honoured or hurt?

Well here is my perspective...'In God we trust and all other pay cash'

Seems a little harsh, but I have to ask does this guy have anything posted on either JP or A.net???

Being a fan of triple 7's why is he not out there woth a camera in hand?

Jim Macris
    Nikon User
    Click here to view my 69 photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Macris View Post

I have had several requests from Dannis Bord for my shots of T7's. Until one time I got really pissed off with him. I said to him if he was that interested in these aircraft, then why not buy himself a budget camera and get his butt out there and take the pictures!!

His reply to me was that T7's don't land at the airport that is nearest to him. I made him aware that T7's don't frequent Manchester either so I make the 500 mile round journey to Heathrow.

He then said if I didn't want to send him a 2mb+ file, just say so. So I told him no I wont send it to him. I did say feel free to right click and save it from JP.net with the watermark, he refused.

Guess what? a week later I received another request from him, again I have told him NO.

I just wish I could ban him from requesting from me as I must have had at least 4 requests from him now.

PS.. Jim, what's wrong with your banner?
    Last edited by turbotraker; 11-20-2008 at 04:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Macris View Post
    Well here is my perspective...'In God we trust and all other pay cash'

Seems a little harsh, but I have to ask does this guy have anything posted on either JP or A.net???

Jim Macris
    Nikon User
    Click here to view my 69 photos.
    I'm more than a little suspicious too. He's asked for a couple of mine, the most recent request was made the same day the 777 was posted. If he loves 777's so much, has he ever posted a comment about one of the photos he's asked for? It might help his cause if he engaged with the community a bit more openly through these forums

I have also received a mail from him asking for one of my Emirates A330 shots.

After reading this thread I decided to say no.
    Best regards

Peter Lund

Just my observaiton when I have never see a post from him but that does not mean he has not commented in the form. I asked an atty friend about this and he basically said your rely should include the terms and conditions of a license use and the cost. When I responded to the request I told him that a right to use the photo woud not be granted w/o remiting a fee. I than went on to say if he was still interested in using the photo for his private colleciton to email me back his contact information and I will forward the same to my attorney. I never heard back.

Yesterday (december 27) I received a request from this man for the original picture of

I haven't replied yet.

I have to say - with all the requests for pictures (and I've received a few over the past few weeks - I've just deleted the email), he must have one heck of a storage for all that he does get!

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkelbein View Post
    Yesterday (december 27) I received a request from this man for the original picture of

I haven't replied yet.

I had a request today of mine Korean 777, with the same reg.
    I think that why he went to me.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6443263

I had another request for a 777 photo from this guy today asking for the photo to be 2MB+. I'm usually more than happy to send aircraft crew a high res version of an aircraft I shot that they operated, but when people are asking for images above a certain file size for 'personal' use I'm a little suspicious. I've deleted the email and will continue deleting them as long as he sends me them. As has been said before, if he wants so many photos of 777's he should get himself a bloody camera, travel to airports and take some himself like the rest of us have to!

Paul
    Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by PMN View Post
    I had another request for a 777 photo from this guy today asking for the photo to be 2MB+. I'm usually more than happy to send aircraft crew a high res version of an aircraft I shot that they operated, but when people are asking for images above a certain file size for 'personal' use I'm a little suspicious.
    That is exactly what I was thinking when I got his emails, and like you I delete his emails now.

He can just save the photo's to his computer, but because it has to be above 2MB he contact people by e-mail

Quote Originally Posted by arjenp View Post
    He can just save the photo's to his computer, but because it has to be above 2MB he contact people by e-mail
    Yes but why does it have to be above 2MB? This is the point. For someone who simply wants an image to view, what real relevence does the file size have? Considering the vast majority of my uploads to JP, even at 1200 pixels wide are around 600kB, you can get a pretty high res image in a 2MB file. Why would he need such a high resolution of they're purely for his own use?

That said, he already has over 1,344,000 aviation images for his personal viewing. They're sat on a website called Jetphotos that can readily be viewed by anyone with an internet connection and a computer. Why can't he just look at the images in the database already? There are currently around 45,000 777 images in the database, is that not enough? Is he printing every image he receives 18" wide or something? I don't get it, and that is exactly the reason I'm suspicious.

Paul
    Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr