BAC 1-11 serial no. 118

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BAC 1-11 serial no. 118

This aircraft is now registered as PK-TST. I saw it in Kuching, Malaysia today. The pictures are awaiting screeners both here and on a.net.

According to the engineer tending to the aircraft, this aircraft used to belong to the Queen of England. Anybody can shed a light on this?

Anyway the aircraft in particular is a BAC 1-11-423ET serial no. 118. This I found out from a placard inside the aircraft.

Thanks.
    Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

The aircraft was built for the Brazilian Air force as FAB2111. First flight was 12 October 1967. It then flew for Ford Europe as G-BEJM from 1976 to 1997. It then went to Twin Jet Aviation Sales and spent a good deal of time idle at Bournemouth. In 1998 it was sold to Indonesia Air Transport as PK-TST.

As to the Queen of England owning the aircraft, she does not own, nor has ever owned any aircraft. No BAC 1-11s have ever flown for the Royal Flight, which is an RAF operation, owned by the UK Government, not the Queen.

Your misinformed engineer is probably confused by the BAE146 which has just been sold to the Indonesian Presidential household. This was ZE702 of the Queens Flight, RAF, and it arrived in Indonesia in the last week or so.
    PhilB

Comment

Thanks Philb.

As for the 146 there was one in Pelita Air color; that one carried the president. I didn't get the photo because it was parked at the air force apron on the other side of the runway. Nor did I get to see the registration.

Anyway, any website to see this type of informations?

once again, thanks.
      Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

The new Presidential aircraft has a very distinctive colour scheme. There is a very dark blue cheatline along the cabin windows, a white top and tail with a massive eagle's head on the tail.

I get most of my information from UK magazines, Aviation Letter, Skyliner, Airliners.Net but mainly from a large number of industry contacts I have around the world.
        PhilB

Comment

Working...
        X