7 Dead in Minnesota Crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^^
    Lolz, it seems like my smoothest flying has been in areas of moderate to severe turbulence. When i smackin my head off the roof, it was reported as clear skies. I've learned never trust a weather brief.

Comment

Originally posted by bob12312357
      ^^^
      Lolz, it seems like my smoothest flying has been in areas of moderate to severe turbulence. When i smackin my head off the roof, it was reported as clear skies. I've learned never trust a weather brief.

You fly planes?

Comment

^^^
        Ever heard of something called clear air turbulence? Just because you have clear skys, doesn't mean there will be no turbulence. How someone can be a pilot and not be aware of that and believe that just because I don't see any clouds means that everything will be perfect is beyond me. If there are gusty winds, you will have turbulence, and even if the wind is fairly steady, interferance caused by buildings, terrain, etc can all have an effect on your plane along with wake turbulence if you were following another plane close in, especially if it was bigger then you. If you have unstable, lifting air, you will have turbulence also, even if it's "clear". Sounds to me like you really lost control if you went from "straight and level" to +20 nose up, and 30 to 40 degrees of bank, while on approach, I'd shit bricks if that happend to me.

Comment

^^^
          Good visibility is often associated with unstable air...

Are you a pilot, and have you ever hit really severe windshear, or a microburst on short final.
          Yes I am a pilot, and no I haven't hit encountered those because I'm a private pilot who flies small airplanes and is smart enough not to fly where those conditions exist.

Comment

I have hit a bump or two. Climbing >2000 fpm at 140 knots, power off. Descending <2000 fpm at 80 knots with max power (Cessna 210 Centurian). Unreported mountian wave activity.
            Lost 20 knots on short final at ANC, unreported wind shear.
            Don
            Standard practice for managers around the world:
            Ready - Fire - Aim! DAMN! Missed again!

Comment

A Rare Dmmoore slip-up

Centurion.

Also, C-210 owners NEVER refer to their airplanes as 'Centurions'. its the equivalent of calling an Aztec a 'two-screw jobbie'.

However youre excused since you probably know every part number installed on every C-210 series.
              ASMEL-IA 1978 A&P-IA 1965 First Aloft 1954 DC-4
              Dad: B-24 Ploesti Self: U205A1 private ops Nam

Comment

Working...
              X