No announcement yet.

Future of the Airbus A340

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No idea what a "Bourkhan" is, but given the livery, and the fact it's for a private Russian customer, I would consider it a safe bet that this is Roman Abramovitch's new toy to replace his "small" 767.

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER View Post
      No idea what a "Bourkhan" is, but given the livery, and the fact it's for a private Russian customer, I would consider it a safe bet that this is Roman Abramovitch's new toy to replace his "small" 767.
      I thought he was getting an A380

Comment

Originally posted by Bok269 View Post
        He hardly uses his 767 - Half the time it's photographed it's in Innsbruck, so him getting an A380 would be pointless. Unless of course he's losing interest in Chelsea, which isn't suprising

Comment

The short backlog of the A340 can work in it´s favor, if strike at Boeing continue for a long time with no B777 availble and delays of the B748 are massive?
          "The real CEO of the 787 project is named Potemkin"

Comment

Originally posted by Bok269 View Post
            No, only an A340...

...for now .

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER View Post
              Seems almost certainly Roman's, however i'm still clueless about the words 'B O U R K H A N' written on both sides of the fuselage
              [photoid=6361571] [photoid=6360629]
              Btw, our friends at that great airplane photography website - Airliners.net have a thread running on it, not able to tell whether they've gotten aywhere with the answer either - http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo....main/4141993/
              We're so alike

Comment

Bourkhan is a place located on Lake Baikal and according to airlinerliverynews'blog, it's the prowd owner's birth place.
                Thanks for visiting
                *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                *JetPhotos*
                Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Originally posted by TAP-A343 View Post
                  True. TG dropped the non-stop Bangkok - New York service with A345s last July 1st, and will also drop the non-stop BKK-LAX service also with A345s in the winter schedule replacing it with a BKK-KIX-LAX service with B772ERs.

So perhaps they will try to get rid of the A345s considering that they have only 4 of them.

As for the A346s, I don't see them going because they're the only aircraft along with the B744s to have F class.

As for the A340s being more efficient than the B744s, I would say that the A346s are indeed, considering that they have newer technology, except on the routes where TG needs more capacity.
                  Exactly, before the A340's leave the fleet, the B747-400 wil go first, especially when their extra capacity isn't needed any more.

Comment

November 7th 2008, c/n 933 - Going to Etihad as A6-EHJ

[photoid=6408218]

Comment

This is Bourkhan

It's located on the lake Baïkal, on the Olkhon island. As Lake Baïkal is considered as the center of Siberia and this Island the center of the lake we can consider that big rock as being the heart of Siberia. It's also a very important religious point for the people there.

Last edited by Alex - Spot-This !; 2010-06-07, 05:20.

Comment

What a seXXXy transformation
                        [photoid=6457096]

Comment

I'm not a fan of the A340, but that is a sexy paint job.
                          My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

April 2009, c/n 1005 will be D-AIHZ

The last 600 to be built ?
                            Iberia's got c/n 960 parked at TLS already so not sure if they'll be takin 993 & 1017, definately the last for LH as their next major widebody airliner will be the 748I.

Comment

Originally posted by Vishal Jolapara View Post
                              April 2009, c/n 1005 will be D-AIHZ

The last 600 to be built ?
                              Iberia's got c/n 960 parked at TLS already so not sure if they'll be takin 993 & 1017, definitely the last for LH as their next major widebody airliner will be the 748I.
                              Very sad to say this, but you may be right. Even Kingfisher Airlines has converted many Airbus A340-500 orders into Airbus A330s, due to a lack of international demand. Truly wonder how IT is going to be able to have the demand for the Airbus A380?

The Boeing 777 is my favorite aircraft, but the Airbus A340-500/600 comes in a very close second. Unfortunately, the rein of 4 engined passengers jet is probably over. The Boeing 747-8, is very likely the last 4 engine passenger jet that we will see from Boeing, if the project even sees the light of day. The Airbus A380 project was horribly late, although the airliner's reputation has improved a little in the past year.

Hear the weather in New Delhi is scorching hot, how's the weather in Mumbai, Vishal? We had a very pleasant 26 degree Celsius day here in Denver.

Reagards,

Rohan

Comment

Originally posted by rohank4284 View Post
                                Truly wonder how IT is going to be able to have the demand for the Airbus A380?

Rohan
                                I guess, wet lease (as soon as they arrive) them to whomever needs them, but then again - in this market, who does? Any buyers on the market?
                                Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Working...
                                X