X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAA fines AA 7.1 Million

American Airlines fined $7.1 million
    Posted: 04:20 PM ET

(CNN) — Federal regulators announced $7.1 million in fines against American Airlines on Thursday over maintenance issues and problems with its drug- and alcohol-testing programs.

Alex
    Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

So what exactly is wrong with the drug- and alcohol-screening tests?

I wish I worked for Delta
    AVL to ATL and CVG on Delta

My virtual airline is located here.

Comment

Originally posted by AVLWATCHER
      So what exactly is wrong with the drug- and alcohol-screening tests?
      I don't know what the problems were reported to be however there are only two ways to administer drug tests:
      1. Every one is tested.
      2. Random testing.
      These are well known and defined. I doubt the way testing is administered is an issue.
      Whom is tested is a less well defined area. In theory, all personnel directly responsible for the airworthiness of the aircraft must be drug tested.
      Whom these people are is open for a bit of interpretation. I suspect this is where the FAA and AA are at odds.
      Mechanics and pilots must be drug tested. Managers, planners, schedulers, and other supporting groups may or may not be considered for drug testing.
      How the test are administered is another area for disagreement.
      Once the FAA approves the groups and method for accomplishing drug testing, it's up to the airline to comply with the approved program. I have seen small changes (that do not affect the testing or the results obtained) made at the local level which violates the approved procedure. This can be a source of FAA concern.
      Don
      Standard practice for managers around the world:
      Ready - Fire - Aim! DAMN! Missed again!

Comment

If AA ( and other airlines ) is fair dinkum about Safety then all personnel should be alcohol and drug tested. It doesnt matter if your the manager, mechanic or floor sweeper, no one should enter the work place under the influence of drugs and alcohol.

Duff

Comment

Working...
        X