Thrift store find...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thrift store find...

Just on a monthly browse through my local thrift store, and what do I come across...? A collection, a massive collection of model airplanes. Now, I have never owned anything more than a small, 20 dollar, snap together model. So, seeing these was an exciting opportunity to own something more. I was drawn to these models at first by their size. I was then held by their amazing detail and quality. Curious about the price, I turned it over and looked on the bottom of the stand. '$14.99, hmmm... not bad,' I thought. Especially considering that yesterday was 50% off day. But then I saw something above the price tag. Now, I am not an expert model collector as I said, but I do know a name when I see it. PACMIN USA. Needless to say, I am the proud owner of 20 or so beautiful models. (My favorite being the WestPac Stardust 737-300)

Originally posted by AIRLNRGUY
    Just on a monthly browse through my local thrift store, and what do I come across...? A collection, a massive collection of model airplanes. Now, I have never owned anything more than a small, 20 dollar, snap together model. So, seeing these was an exciting opportunity to own something more. I was drawn to these models at first by their size. I was then held by their amazing detail and quality. Curious about the price, I turned it over and looked on the bottom of the stand. '$14.99, hmmm... not bad,' I thought. Especially considering that yesterday was 50% off day. But then I saw something above the price tag. Now, I am not an expert model collector as I said, but I do know a name when I see it. PACMIN USA. Needless to say, I am the proud owner of 20 or so beautiful models. (My favorite being the WestPac Stardust 737-300)
    That's awesome! Sometimes you can find awesome stuff if you keep your eyes opened. The best thing I've ever found at one of those places was the weird training shoes from Seinfeld. lol
    Hopefully you can share some pics of them soon!

Comment

Interested in knowing the scale of these models? Ive owned a couple of Pacmin models at 1/100 and they sure as hell weren't $14.99 lol....

Comment

Working...
      X