"Desktop Background"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Desktop Background"

A thank you of sorts for all the help I've received from you guys over the past few weeks. I've turned from a frustrated first time DSLR user to a spotting enthusiast who will make my best effort to get to the airport at least once a week.

So here is a 1400px version of one of my better shots from this morning. I would post it to the database but I don't have enough photos to request a larger pixel limit yet.

Lovely shot !
    Great colour & pin sharp , upload it @ 1024 for now
    Well done

regards

Comment

luurvly shot, congrats. I know the feeling of satisfaction when you 'get it right!' as you've done. keep them coming.

Speed is life... Altitude is life insurance

Comment

Thats a great shot. If you don't have permissions to upload at 1600pix then resize it down to 1200x800 and upload it. It's a good shot!

Chris
        Chris Sharps
        5D3 | 5D2 | 7D | 1D2 | 10D | 400D | 1V | 3
        17-40F4L | 24-105F4LIS | 70-200F2.8LIS | 100-400LIS
        24F1.4L II | 50F1.2L | 85F1.2L II | 15F2.8 Fisheye | 50F1.4 | 100F2.8 Macro
        1.4x | 550EX x2

Fuji X100

Comment

On second look maybe add a touch more contrast as it seems to be lacking it slightly.

Chris
          Chris Sharps
          5D3 | 5D2 | 7D | 1D2 | 10D | 400D | 1V | 3
          17-40F4L | 24-105F4LIS | 70-200F2.8LIS | 100-400LIS
          24F1.4L II | 50F1.2L | 85F1.2L II | 15F2.8 Fisheye | 50F1.4 | 100F2.8 Macro
          1.4x | 550EX x2

Fuji X100

Comment

Colour Balance looks off...Looks Yellow

Comment

Looks yellow (low sun) and needs contrast. Nice shot though.
              Tanner Johnson - Owner
              twenty53 Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Billsville
                Colour Balance looks off...Looks Yellow
                As Tanner says its the low sun , histogram shows its not far out if any at all .
                A VERY nice shot !

regards

Comment

Really great shot!
                  Pin sharp with the perfect amount of motion blur in beautiful light.

Roel.

Comment

Low Sun ?

The shadow points directly below the Aircraft.

However you may want to level it up a tad

Comment

Originally posted by Will M
                      Low Sun ?

The shadow points directly below the Aircraft.

However you may want to level it up a tad

noooo ... look at the sign on the grass , plus the reflection of the sun on the nose ... its low .
                      Plus the exif data : 23/08/2008 08:05 and the sunrise in Dallas right now is 06:57 . I must be sad knowing this ... however i still cant tell you the lottery numbers for this week

best wishes

Comment

My screen must be off from the rest because the contrast is decent on here. If I up the contrast more I start to lose detail on my screen.

And I thought the yellow cast from the low sun added to the picture? I mean the colors are true to when the picture was shot so why alter them?

Comment

Your screen probably is off a bit. It might be that you may not have a very good monitor.

I have a hard time believing that the scene was that yellow. Contrast would probably fix the yellow on it's own.

EDIT: I just saved the file and opened it in Photoshop and got a warning about your color space and when I converted it to what I work in, the photo was very contrasty and not yellow. However, I did add 15 in he contrast. The embedded is Adobe RGB, I use sRGB for all my work and printing. I have attached the difference...

Tanner Johnson - Owner
                          twenty53 Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Tanner_J
                            Your screen probably is off a bit. It might be that you may not have a very good monitor.

I have a hard time believing that the scene was that yellow. Contrast would probably fix the yellow on it's own.

EDIT: I just saved the file and opened it in Photoshop and got a warning about your color space and when I converted it to what I work in, the photo was very contrasty and not yellow. However, I did add 15 in he contrast. The embedded is Adobe RGB, I use sRGB for all my work and printing. I have attached the difference...
                            Ahh thanks Tanner. My screen must just be very neutral, or correct color on its own.

On my girlfriend's laptop I can see what you're talking about. I wonder if I can alter my display to correct this.

The colors look vivid and dark with plenty of contrast. But on her computer you can see the lack of contrast in the first image.

Comment

Working...
                            X