Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another near miss

link: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080829/...near_collision

Two airliners were one minute from colliding when one of the planes turned away from the other over the Caribbean this week
    That may have been less than the prescribed minimum for the sector, but calling it near collision is a pretty big exaggeration... They would not even had a TCAS TA at that point.

Edit:
    Something is fishy with this story. Other sources say "one of the jets responded to a cockpit alarm", suggesting the Transaero 747 followed a TCAS RA, but then they were less than 60 seconds apart. Or simply the 747 was instructed to descend, and as usual media is attempting to colour the story...
    another ADC refugee

Comment

An ironic yet accurate reflection of the relation between US and Russia.
      Next:
      None Planned

Comment

Of course, I question what a Transaero 747 was doing in the Caribbean, as their 747s are usually strictly limited to high-capacity flights to the mediterrenean and some Asia charters, nothing further west than Palma de Majorca.

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
          Of course, I question what a Transaero 747 was doing in the Caribbean, as their 747s are usually strictly limited to high-capacity flights to the mediterrenean and some Asia charters, nothing further west than Palma de Majorca.
          I think they fly a few Russia-to-Caribbean flights on either charters or summer vacation services.

Comment

Working...
          X