Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ba38 777....

Hi and thanks in advance..
    Long time AD poster here finally back in the mix with some questions...

We are heading from DFW to LHR round trip next month via Boston on a 777 ... pods and all...

As excited as I am for vacation, I have to ask...

Should I even have a hint of anxiety re the plane itself? I have read numerous posts both here and on Pprune and from what I gather no one still knows what exactly happened to the BA flight. I understand this plane has flown xx million miles with no major issues but that does not really make me look forward to the flight we are booked on.

Can someone shed some light on what conclusions they have made based on the information available? I just do not seem to understand how you can initiate an AW directive without knowing what the cause of a (major) problem was in the first place.

Thanks to all..
    -- formerly CaAggie from AD.com

Originally posted by beachfront View Post

We are heading from DFW to LHR round trip next month via Boston on a 777 ... pods and all...

Should I even have a hint of anxiety re the plane itself? I have read numerous posts both here and on Pprune and from what I gather no one still knows what exactly happened to the BA flight. I understand this plane has flown xx million miles with no major issues but that does not really make me look forward to the flight we are booked on.

Can someone shed some light on what conclusions they have made based on the information available? I just do not seem to understand how you can initiate an AW directive without knowing what the cause of a (major) problem was in the first place.

Thanks to all..
    Welcome to the group.
    The AD amends flight operations with fuel temps as low encountered by BA on the affected flight.

No mechanical or electronic problem was encountered.

The malfunction was fuel related. There remain only two causes for fuel not reaching the engines:

1. No fuel remaining in the tanks.
    2. Something blocked both fuel lines.

As the AAIB states the aircraft had "sufficient" fuel on board and nothing was found blocking the lines the only remaining conclusion is ice formations formed blocking the lines.

While I have issues with the AAIB's conclusions, I have no doubt the event will never happen again.

I have no issues with flying a 777. I no longer am physically able to fly but I'd stick my family members on one anytime.
    Don
    Standard practice for managers around the world:
    Ready - Fire - Aim! DAMN! Missed again!

Comment

Originally posted by beachfront View Post

Thanks to all..

Don't worry about it. Your trip to the airport will be 100 times more dangerous then the flight its self.
      Signatures are overrated

Comment

Originally posted by Airfoilsguy View Post
        Don't worry about it. Your trip to the airport will be 100 times more dangerous then the flight its self.
        zing.

Comment

It's a bit Bermuda Triangle sort of stuff... I know my hair stands on end when I see a 777 come in at LHR now, something does not seems right but I guess the men and woman who fly them consider them safe otherwise they wouldn't even get into them. Good luck and enjoy your trip.

Comment

I've personally never flown on the T7 but i know that it's an incredibly safe a/c

Accident Investigators came to a conclusion that ice had built up i the fuel delivery system, presumably restricting fuel flow to the engines. How this actually entered the fuel system is beyond me!

However, don't worry at-all! Just pay close attention to the safety video, as every flyer should!

If your really that worried, book a seat next to an emergency exit or right near one

Or, you could have a quick chat with the flight-crew before you depart who i'm sure will reassure you, like me that the T7 is incredibly safe

To be honest, i would be more worried about some of the computers suddenly going haywire on an a320!

Comment

Working...
            X