Registrations!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Registrations!

How many of you are fans of collecting these? Its my hobby, but I rarely have time to add them to my big books - underlining in red takes time I rarely have [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img]

I still collect them, and the pictures I take remind me of how beautiful they look. Anyone else?
    praying for tidal waves ...

Registrations!

I've been collecting registrations for 4 years now, every time I go to the airport, I'll take my scanner and notebook with me and I'll write down the airline, flight number, where the flights are going to/coming from, registration number of the aircraft doing that flight, runway used for that flight, and aircraft type, and I also have the 2002/2003 edition of the JP fleets registration book.

Darcy Stevens

Comment

Registrations!

I love regs' too. I don't record them too often but I do love seeing new ones! Unfortunately, some regs' are scarce, for instance, only a few KLM 747-406's will been seen in YYZ for now, PH-BFA,PH-BFB,PH-BFG,PH-BFL,PH-BFN, this is because the rest are combis! ON the otherhand though one combi 747-400 PH-BFR, came in this year!
      Gary R. Tinnes
      Canada
      See my photos:
      http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=391
      See My Fantasy Airliner images:
      http://www.geocities.com/fantasyairliners

Comment

Registrations!

Only write regs down of airplanes I take a picture from.

Comment

Registrations!

Same here, Aeronautics, but I just hope they show up in the picture...maybe I can ask Darcy if I'm missing anything [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Toronto spotters out in force...

Comment

Registrations!

I only write down what I photograph. Gives me time to listen to scanner. I transfer everything to a permanent log book at home. [img]laff.gif[/img]

Cheers!

shamrock145hvy

Comment

I have been collecting them for about 2 years now, and I already have a decent list going....now I just need to get some more

Comment

Registrations

I don't really see the point in gathering reg numbers unless I'm going to use that information again in the future, or unless it's required.

I make note of registrations in two situations: One is aircraft I pilot for my logbook (where having the reg number is important). The other is aircraft I ride on as a passenger. I remember to get it about 50% of the time... the rest of the time I go back and look up with the Bureau of Transportation Statistics if I remember a few months later.

Comment

registrations

Hi,

Personally I would say it's mostly about collecting construction numbers and get as many of them as possible. I know people that have seen almost all 757's for example

David

Comment

I only get the registration if it is carried by a plane I like.

Comment

I myself like collecting the registrations. Granted it does take a long time in putting them in a book and underlining them. I however have found through my fellow planespotting cousin and a friend of mine a database which i have had for over a year now where you don't underline what you have seen and it just gets added to a computer database. Granted it is gonna take a long time if you have many years of number crunching to add, but if your like me and only have about 5 - 7 years to add then it could be well worth it

I am of course not trying to place an ad for the product, but if anyone is interested and feel they could make use of the software then please just drop me an email rather than clogging up the forum.

Regards
                      Martyn
                      The more I look,
                      The less I see!!!

Comment

I have been collecting 'reggies' for 20 years or so and have got 23000 approx in a database system - I am slowly putting in my old log books into this system as i stopped collected light aircraft and milirtary some time ago.

Comment

I record only what I photograph, primarily commerical, large biz-jet, and most military.

What makes it most fun is recording something that does NOT BELONG there (i.e. a Turkish KC-135R at the USAF installation, Luke AFB, Arizona). Or maybe an AN-124 Ruslan with no titles on the ramp in San Diego.

A small degree of mystery always keeps the hobby interesting, cause if you are bored, you might as well move on to something else to pass the time.

Cheers!

shamrock145hvy

Comment

I have been collecting reggies for the past 29 1/2 years, and have logged 211,622 aircraft until this present day. There are of course some doubles, as these are split into 42,753 different registrations.

Would not get very far with logging in a notebook or underlining. I have a database system available that holds all the information for me. The above figures were two queries at a couple of keystrokes.

Regards,
                            Peter

Comment

Hi at all!
                              I am collecting registration for about 2 years.
                              I collect registrations because my camara is not so good.
                              So I can't spotting very good.
                              Stefan

Comment

Working...
                              X