Porter Airlines - Gear Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Porter Airlines - Gear Problems

The crew of a Porter Airlines de Havilland Dash 8-400, flight PD401 from Toronto City Center Airport,ON to Montreal,QC (Canada), reported mechanical trouble to the Area Control Center and requested to return to Toronto's City Center Airport, but did not declare emergency. The airplane landed safely on runway 26 22 minutes after takeoff, emergency services - called out by the tower - were stood down 5 minutes later. The airplane was shut down on the runway and was towed to the gate.

Porter Dispatch later advised, that the airplane had suffered a landing gear issue.

Another Porter DH8D had another landing gear issue about one hour later, see also Porter DH8D at Toronto on Oct 21st 2008, landing gear issue
    The crew of a Porter Airlines de Havilland Dash 8-400, flight PD402 from Montreal,QC to Toronto City Center,ON (Canada), reported possible landing gear issues while about 6nm out and requested emergency services to stand by and a tow vehicle. The airplane landed safely and was shut down on the runway and subsequently towed to the gate. Emergency services were stood down 3 minutes after landing.

Another Porter DH8D had to return to Toronto and shut down on the runway due to a landing gear problem just one hour earlier, see also Porter DH8D at Toronto on Oct 21st 2008, landing gear issue
    Aviation Herald - News, Incidents and Accidents in Aviation

Gear issues on a Q400, who'd have thought it

hmmm interesting wonder how bad it was... hopefully this won't turn out as bad as what happened to SAS

Comment

I see the moderators are slapping us hard.

"I hope this all works out in the end"

***Music Interlude***
      My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

Working...
      X