All Nippon Airways considers new United States destinations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Nippon Airways considers new United States destinations

All Nippon Airways is considering new United States destinations. Tom Clark, the Metro Denver Economic Development Corporation's executive vice president, said that ANA will put two 787s into North America. ANA's possible destinations include Boston (BOS), Denver (DEN), Los Angeles (LAX), and Miami (MIA). Governor of Colorado Bill Ritter wants ANA to start service to DEN.

BOS-NRT, DEN-NRT, LAX-KIX, and LAX-NGO sound like good possibilities. However I think ANA should also consider PHL-NRT because PHL is a US Airways Star Alliance hub and because of business ties (Subaru of America is headquartered in nearby Cherry Hill, NJ, and plus Campbells Soup, Aramark, and Sunoco have Japan divisions)

BTW I don't see Miami working because Miami is heavily OneWorld.

PHL is a good possibility becuase of US, but DEN has UA which I beleive ANA is a bigger partner with UA than US. But ya sounds good for all of these places!

Comment

When will ANA receive their B787's? That is the question.
      TAP - Transportes Aéreos Portugueses

Voe mais alto. Fly higher.

www.flytap.com

Comment

From the list, I think DEN-NRT makes most sense. BOS-NRT can be profitable but probably less so as BOS is not a Star hub. I doubt about LAX-KIX and LAX-NGO. More than one airline have tried those for a few times and none are successful. LAX doesn't seem to be a high yield destination for Japanese routes, which is odd.
        Next:
        None Planned

Comment

It's only after a brief study of their North American routes, did I notice that they are severely lacking in that department. I realize now that they are severely lacking in North American cities served. I fully understand that Star Alliance's large North American presence (now with UA, US, AC and with CO coming online soon), I still think though that they should add a few destinations such as:

KIX - IAH : CO does not fly the route (so no direct competition), and when they come online as a Star Member, and IAH becomes a Star Hub then perhaps they will benefit greatly.

KIX - EWR : To feed off of CO's presence at EWR.

KIX - SEA : NW does not yet serve the route, and the could (for a short while) possibly attract passengers away from Vancouver as well.

KIX - HNL : Yes, JAL does serve the route - but perhaps some competition on the route will tap into a larger market share.

KIX - YVR : AC does not serve the route, and most passengers wishing to go to Japan are forced to head to YYZ or head to LAX or SFO.

Now, I am not to savvy when it comes to why KIX is so lacking in service. Is it just a lack of demand, or passengers being herded through Tokyo, or a combination of the two?

Now as for NRT:

It would be a wise move to see what happens with the NW/DL merger as DL may not be too keen to keep all of the NW routes to the far east, and that we may see NW be removed from a few routes, that ANA can pick up.

NRT - EWR : If not move to EWR, the add EWR to pick up off of CO's traffic.

NRT - PHL : I like the idea, only if they can pick up off of US' traffic.

Anyway, the most laughable idea would be of KIX and/or NRT to MIA. What traffic would they pull from? I think that it would be a great move for JAL to add MIA as they could easily piggy-back off of AA's large presence there.
          Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

DEN could use some more star service. As far as I know all it is right now is UA, AC, LH, and US.
            sigpic
            http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

If anyone is gonna fly MIA-NRT it will be AA with the 787 without a doubt.

Alex
              Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Working...
              X