AirAsia's nostalgic big promotion...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AirAsia's nostalgic big promotion...

The airline said yesterday it would waive fuel fees on all its flights, including on longhaul carrier AirAsia X, and would give away half a million free tickets in three days for travel between June 22 and October 24, 2009 on all its domestic and international destinations.

AirAsia chief executive Tony Fernandes said passengers would not see a corresponding increase in ticket prices with the removal of fuel surcharges but the existing airport tax fee would continue.

He said that although many airlines were cutting capacity as a result of an expected global recession, AirAsia was planning on increasing routes and capacity because of its low prices, high load factors and aggressive marketing.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/story/...rom=public_rss
    Well, it's been years since we have seen such tactics, and so it makes me a bit Nostalgic. Anyway, from what I have seen, their AirAsiaX product looks great - hopefully the price will be just a great. Anyway, I wish them the best. Anyone going to try to win tickets? And, has anyone here flown with them? What did you guys think?
    Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Haven't flown with them but a few times lately the Gold Coast - KL flight has been operated by a chartered plane due to maintenance. So far there has been a Malaysia Airlines 747 from Brisbane (twice I think) and also a Cathay Pacific A330 from Gold Coast.

It would appear that they make sure you get to where you are going even if their plane is out of service.

Comment

I was gonna book them to fly HKG-BKK but, they weren't open in the month I planned to head out there. Darn!

Alex
      Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Working...
      X