X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rattling again soon as KLM outlines wide-ranging fleet renewal

while Embraer 190 arrives.

By Victoria Moores

KLM is looking to replace 32 long-haul and 53 regional aircraft, plus around 10 Boeing 737s, as part of a wide-ranging fleet renewal kicked off with the arrival of its first Embraer 190.

These needs could result in an order for around five 777-300ERs, up to 10 narrowbodies and a combined Air France-KLM order for 70-90 long-range twinjets, plus a large regional aircraft commitment.

more here

Thanks for visiting
    *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
    *JetPhotos*
    Airliners*Pbase.com

That's some interesting news. I would think they're keep ordering more 773s to replace their MD-11s but for the 747s, that's up for debate between more 773s, 787, or A350. Could we see maybe KLM getting the A380, I wouldn't think so, it looks they really like the 773 and AF is already getting A380s soon, but would be interesting though. For their freight ops, maybe go for 777LR or 747-8, AF is getting 777LR for freight. I would think Boeing might win the future order just because of how much the combined AF/KLM fleet is composed of 777s and 747s. The regional order, it belongs to Embraer hands down.
    what ever happens......happens

Comment

My idea

AF & KLM both nurture an almost immoderate love affair with the T-7, in all kinds and don't want to hear of the 747-8
      Major reason to see AF in this one are the 343s and the 332s, not to mention KL's 332s
      More T-7s, off-course, but they will be side-orders to keep prunning the (fleet)tree.
      The bulk will be disputed between the 787 & 350 as the latter will determine a large part of the fleet for 20+ years.
      Thanks for visiting
      *JetPhotos*
      Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

With economies deteriorating I expect trade to become more restrictive as nations put the shutters up to imports. I predict plenty of Boeing orders for US based airlines and Airbus orders for the Europeans. Airbus will get the cream of this order IMO.

Comment

^Unless this has been specifically outlined in the days old G-20 summit, I don't think so. This might even violate some of the rules agreed for.
          Thanks for visiting
          *JetPhotos*
          Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Originally posted by uy707 View Post
            ^Unless this has been specifically outlined in the days old G-20 summit, I don't think so. This might even violate some of the rules agreed for.
            May well violate all sorts of rules. But it will still happen. Look at the US Airforce Tanker order. Does anyone seriously think the US Government is going to approve billions of expenditure on a French product in these economic times? Not going to happen.

And I have no doubt European Politicians will be whispering in the ears of various European airline managers. The message may be along the lines that airlines ordering Airbus products will looked at favourably in the event any kind of government assistance is required in the years ahead.

Comment

Working...
            X