PAN AM's first L-1011-500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAN AM's first L-1011-500

Lockheed TriStar delivered it's first L-1011-500 to PAN AM ( N504PA ) on April 1980. Question: First revenue flight and route? Thank you.

It's like order city around here....would you like fries with that?

I didn't know Pan Am flew the L-1011
    My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Cam View Post
      It's like order city around here....would you like fries with that?

I didn't know Pan Am flew the L-1011
      Yes, Pan Am flew L1011-500 later Delta bought Pan Am and took some L1011-500 for Europe transatlantic flights from ATL, MCO, DFW and LAX.

Stuart

Comment

Well, of course, Delta didn't buy Pan American, but it did acquire some of Pan American's transatlantic services which brought with them some of the L-1011-500s (some went to United and to the RAF). The United airframes then went to Delta.

I can't find out which was the first service flown by a Pan Am L-1011, but it seems that services to Latin America were among the earliest.

Comment

Sir, yes sir!

sigpic
          http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by Big777jet View Post
            Yes, Pan Am flew L1011-500 later Delta bought Pan Am and took some L1011-500 for Europe transatlantic flights from ATL, MCO, DFW and LAX.

Stuart

I was not nearly old enough to experience this - but how successfull were the services from MCO? Did they capture a large market? Which cities in Europe did they serve from MCO? Why did trans-atlantic service from MCO not continue on? Was it due to MCOs proximity to ATL? Or, did international carriers snuff out DL's chances?
            Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Originally posted by AA 1818 View Post
              I was not nearly old enough to experience this - but how successfull were the services from MCO? Did they capture a large market? Which cities in Europe did they serve from MCO? Why did trans-atlantic service from MCO not continue on? Was it due to MCOs proximity to ATL? Or, did international carriers snuff out DL's chances?
              MCO-FRA only one flight Delta was served.

Stuart

Comment

Working...
              X