Thread: Spotting Dalas/Love Field

Default Spotting Dalas/Love Field

Does anyone know of some good locations around Dallas/Love Field (KDAL). I will be shooting with anything from 16mm to 400mm so pretty much anything goes.

Looking at Google Earth it seems like there shoud be some decent locations at Bachman Lake on short final runway 13R.

Thanks in advance...
    If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Rjuncker View Post
    Does anyone know of some good locations around Dallas/Love Field (KDAL). I will be shooting with anything from 16mm to 400mm so pretty much anything goes.

Looking at Google Earth it seems like there shoud be some decent locations at Bachman Lake on short final runway 13R.

Thanks in advance...
    At the end of 13R is Bachman Lake. Along the lake is a street called Shorecrest. It's a public park area so you should have easy access. Of course you'll only want to be here when the wind is from the South. And be sure to leave at sundown. It's not a nice area to be alone after dark.

Otherwise, the parking garage at DAL also gives a great view of landings and takeoffs on 13R/31L. Shoot from here in the mornings when the light is at your back. Tim Perkins shoots from the garage a lot.
    Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog