Delta 777 engine failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cegro27 View Post
    On the subject of DL, 777's, and engine failures/faults, it seems the fan disk on the right engine of a DL 777 blew apart on it's takeoff roll in ATL (#55, ATL-NRT) Jan 2nd I believe. The 'Soaring Spirit' is grounded for a while.
    It appears to have been a fan blade failure with subsequent nose cowl damage. The aircraft should be back in service by now.
    Don
    Standard practice for managers around the world:
    Ready - Fire - Aim! DAMN! Missed again!

Comment

Originally posted by Theoddkiwi View Post
      This is why us engineers find it so hard to fix anything reported by flight crew.

The number of times we have had to chase up a pilot who has written up a defect in vague manor, then jumped out of his plane a run away before explaining it to the engineers is stagering.

I'm with Don, these engines have were operating at a Degraded Performance, still running but not very well.

Failure means something has stopped working!
      My line of thinking is, if engine can't produce required power, something has stopped working

Comment

It might work better if it spoke English.

Comment

Originally posted by mzk49o1 View Post
          I don't think it realy matters what language you use to swear at the plane. That only counts for outside communication

Comment

Originally posted by mzk49o1 View Post
            So how's your French, Russian, Czech, Swahili, German, Spanish, Italian, Yiddish, Arabic, or anything else you don't speak but expect them to speak yours? Danish? (Nah, I'll just have a waffle and some "freedon fries".)

Comment

Originally posted by Deadstick View Post
              So how's your French, Russian, Czech, Swahili, German, Spanish, Italian, Yiddish, Arabic, or anything else you don't speak but expect them to speak yours? Danish? (Nah, I'll just have a waffle and some "freedon fries".)
              What.

Comment

If the accessory gearbox decides to quit is that an engine failure? no its engine "related".
                If the ECU gets spiked, is that an engine failure? no but it does cause the engine to quit but it is not an "engine failure".
                If the fuel pump quits is that an engine failure? no, its an engine accessory.
                If a mainline bearing seizes, thats an engine failure.
                If compressor blade/s fails, thats an engine failure.
                If the EGT rises above specified limits and trending indicates performance degradation, the engine will be removed but, it has not failed.
                You cant have the best virtual airline in the world without the best people. Ansett Australia.

Comment

Working...
                X