Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Alessandro View Post
    OK, thatīs what I call combo flights.
    Using your definition, a minimum 90% of all PAX flights would be combo flights. Combination flights are flown by aircraft that can be configured with freight and PAX on the main deck. Such aircraft have been bin given the nick name "Combi's".
    Don
    Standard practice for managers around the world:
    Ready - Fire - Aim! DAMN! Missed again!

Comment

Originally posted by Dmmoore View Post
      Using your definition, a minimum 90% of all PAX flights would be combo flights. Combination flights are flown by aircraft that can be configured with freight and PAX on the main deck. Such aircraft have been bin given the nick name "Combi's".
      Iīm aware of that. As the add to the total amount of cargo being hauled.
      "The real CEO of the 787 project is named Potemkin"

Comment

Surinam Airways signed the documents to lease 2 733's from AWAS. And they are arriving in May. So the decision is final, they are also focusing on October 2009 that is when they are replacing the 747 with a 772ER or a A343. Most likely a 777.

Comment

Great news! I can only hope that we see a C/S change soon as well. I love the current c/s, but it seems outdated at times...
          Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Does anyone know more news about PY. Lately you hear nothing about them on the news or newspaper..... I can't wait when they will arrive in May.

Comment

PY received their first 733 which is in storage at Opa Locka waiting to painted. It is a former Centralwings 737, with the regs. SP-LMD. They will recieve their second one soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Surijet737 View Post
                PY received their first 733 which is in storage at Opa Locka waiting to painted. It is a former Centralwings 737, with the regs. SP-LMD. They will recieve their second one soon.
                Any word on a new c/s? Man, we need a spotter at Opa Locka today!

Comment

Originally posted by AA 1818 View Post
                  Any word on a new c/s? Man, we need a spotter at Opa Locka today!
                  Just one stupid question, what does c/s mean ????

Comment

Colour scheme

Comment

Originally posted by arjenp View Post
                      Colour scheme
                      ow hahaha, how stupid of me. No I don't think there will be a new c/s. If they do do it, it better be a good one! The one they have now is very boring and simple. But their retro colors were very interesting .

Comment

Comment

Thanks for the pics Godiva . But does anyone know why PY chose GEO as a secondary-hub, POS would be more logical because of its connections to the US and Caribbean with PY not meaning other carriers. I could be wrong .

Comment

These are pictures of the SP-LMD's exterior and interior

Comment

Originally posted by Surijet737 View Post
                              Thanks for the pics Godiva . But does anyone know why PY chose GEO as a secondary-hub, POS would be more logical because of its connections to the US and Caribbean with PY not meaning other carriers. I could be wrong .
                              POS would be stratergically better, yet there are very logical reasons as to why the city was not choosen :

- Caribbean Airlines (former BWIA) is based at POS. I very much doubt that they would allow another airline to operate heavily out of that airport ot potentially jeopardize their own services to South America.

- Guyana does not have a flag carrier (or, any serious airlines for that matter that can serve Guyana in an internaional capacity). The lack of such a carrier creates a great market for another carrier. To be honest, had it not been for PY's presence, I would have expected BW to take a great presence there.

Anyway, the economic state of Guyana is not one that is very conducive to passenger travel, as the averae Guyanese does not have the fianacial means to travel. The middle class and wealthier segments of the population hail from Georgetown and so, GEO can handle some traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by AA 1818 View Post
                                POS would be stratergically better, yet there are very logical reasons as to why the city was not choosen :

- Caribbean Airlines (former BWIA) is based at POS. I very much doubt that they would allow another airline to operate heavily out of that airport ot potentially jeopardize their own services to South America.

- Guyana does not have a flag carrier (or, any serious airlines for that matter that can serve Guyana in an internaional capacity). The lack of such a carrier creates a great market for another carrier. To be honest, had it not been for PY's presence, I would have expected BW to take a great presence there.

Anyway, the economic state of Guyana is not one that is very conducive to passenger travel, as the averae Guyanese does not have the fianacial means to travel. The middle class and wealthier segments of the population hail from Georgetown and so, GEO can handle some traffic.
                                Remember GEO is also a focus-city for BW, but they do not operate heavily out of GEO or do they? CUR would also be a logical but there you have Insel air and DAE, maybe AUA??? Connections to the US would be profitable.

Comment

Working...
                                X