No announcement yet.

HOBART, TASMANIA TO PORT ELIZABETH, SOUTH AFRICA – In A Roundabout Way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, what an excellent trip report! Looks like you must have spent a lot of time on the report because it took me about 2-3 hours to read the whole thing. It's nice to see that you again had some good trips in BA first and with QF, WS, Cathay Pacific, and by train. Look like you really fulfill the meaning of that saying "getting there is half the fun." Also, I liked your nice pictures.

It's also nice to see that you are a Denver Broncos fan, I am a big fan too! Sad to see what happened to head coach Shannahan.

Which airline's First Class was better: Cathay Pacific or British Airways?

Regards,

Rohan

Comment

Originally posted by rohank4284 View Post
      Which airline's First Class was better: Cathay Pacific or British Airways?
      Rohan, sorry for the delay in getting back to you. This report generated so little interest (I admit, it was too long and dealt with First Class rather then Economy travel which more of the readers here relate to) that I just kind of forgot about it.

As to what airline delivered the better First Class service, I would give a very slight edge to Cathay Pacific. Both airlines offer very nice First Class products but CX definitely has better suites and a slight edge in meal variety and innovation.

Again, I apologize to everyone for this overly lengthy trip report. Understandably, reading about First Class travel is a waste of time if your chances, much less interest in sitting up there are minimal. I shall keep any future reports shorter and more appropriate to the readership here.

Comment

Originally posted by Seat 2A View Post
        Rohan, sorry for the delay in getting back to you. This report generated so little interest (I admit, it was too long and dealt with First Class rather then Economy travel which more of the readers here relate to) that I just kind of forgot about it.

As to what airline delivered the better First Class service, I would give a very slight edge to Cathay Pacific. Both airlines offer very nice First Class products but CX definitely has better suites and a slight edge in meal variety and innovation.

Again, I apologize to everyone for this overly lengthy trip report. Understandably, reading about First Class travel is a waste of time if your chances, much less interest in sitting up there are minimal. I shall keep any future reports shorter and more appropriate to the readership here.
        The flight review thread here on JP.net isn't frequented by many members, sometimes we can go weeks without new flight reviews, which is why the response rate generally isn't that high for new ones.

The length of this trip report was probably a factor, it took me a long time to read it and the fact that it was from 2004 hindered it a little too. However, many people enjoy reading premium class reviews, as it gives them a chance to see the other side of air travel. I typically fly economy/premium economy and I enjoyed your BA first class review that you did a while back.

This was an excellent flight review(s) and I hope that you'll do more soon. I made a BA World Traveller flight review a few weeks back, if you're interested. http://forums.jetphotos.net/showthread.php?t=47456

Any future trips planned?

Regards,

Rohan

Comment

Working...
        X