No announcement yet.

Ramp Stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One time I got in trouble for lighting a cigarette on the ramp at ONT when I was waiting to board a flight to LAX on the ramp. VERY bad customer service, they spoke with a very rude and harsh tone.
    Bujuraj Vataranjan-O'Malley

Comment

Originally posted by Bujuraj_Vataranjan View Post
      One time I got in trouble for lighting a cigarette on the ramp at ONT when I was waiting to board a flight to LAX on the ramp. VERY bad customer service, they spoke with a very rude and harsh tone.
      There is probably good reasoning to this.

*cough FIRE cough*

Nehal

Comment

So it's Sunday. Our flight leaves at 1105. Crew shows up an hour before the flight is about to leave, but no Capitan.

Where is the Capitan?

Crew get one of the ramp guys (visiting from Toronto) and asks him what happened? Turns out they were out the night before and when the rampie (we'll call him John) went to call a cab the Capt. disappeared.

They call the hotel to find his luggage still there, packed and his bed not slept in.

We HAVE to call SOC and let them know. The news goes RIGHT to the top. SOC says they will start the search from YTZ and start making calls (to the Hospital AND Police).

We decide to play it off as a weather delay to the passengers, so the meal vouchers come out to calm them down.

T +1 hour from departure, still no Capitan, still no word.

The situation goes from a laughing matter to: Where the fuck is this guy, and for his sake he better wake up in a Hospital bed alive and not the drunk tank.

F/O says if he was hung-over he will loose his job on the spot.

1300 SOC calls and says they found the Capitan, but won't tell us anything. They are flying in another one from Toronto. The flight is going to be over 4 hours late getting off the ground.

The other flight touches down a hour late, and the replacement Capitan is briefed by me on what is going on and to play it cool.

Both planes get off the ground with delays. Still no word on what happened to the Capitan.
        My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

Holy crap.. I hope you let us know what happened to the captain

On the subject of "Buckets of jetwash" or "Spools of flightline", there are a few others that me and my friends got to know during our work experiences for our engineering studies. The classic is of course the "Wooden electrode" they sent my friend to look for, took him half an hour of looking around in the stores to figure it out.
          My gf's brother worked at a brickyard for 4 weeks to get some pocketmoney, and their thing was to send new guys to look for "The key", which turned into an endless joruney through the entire factory. In the end, someone would hand them a huge-ass wrench (like 3 feet long and a nut bigger than a fist) to carry back halfway through the factory. My gf's brother is smart though and didnt fall for it, but he saw quite a few people come back with the wrench

Another classic is the "Replacement bubble" for a spirit level. But the best story must be what happened to a guy who did his work experience with a mate of mine. They sent him to Home Depot, for the "Waterjet bending plier", then called Home Depot, had them prepare a big-ass box with stones and stuff in it to hand it to the guy. They sent him by bike so he balances the box on his bike.. sure enough, the box falls off and he sees the stones and dirt pour out. He turns back to complain that he got only stones and crap instead of his waterjet bending plier... The story turned legendary there, I think they're still laughing today, lol.

Comment

It is odd, I have been on the ramp for a few months and no crazy stories
            You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

Working...
            X