X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SP-LCC View Post
    Rohan,

A very interesting and informative review. Thanks for sharing.
    It gives, people like me, who's never had a chance to fly any US carrier, a pretty good idea of what flying domestically in the US looks like.

Yet, I have one question: what is a seat pitch in a regular Economy section? Is it 31-32" or 28-29"?

Regards,

Michal
    Are you using metric terms or inches?
    August 29th will be the worst day of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by BoeingKing77 View Post
      " =Inches.

Good report bud! Nice pictures and seems like a usual run of the mill UA flight!

Alex
      Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

economy plus 35-36"
        standard economy 30-31"
        Thanks a lot.

Inches.

Comment

I dont know what they are teaching you in school but the last time i checked the " symbol at the end of a number represents inches if it was metric it would be 31mm or 31cm
          Robin Guess Aviation Historian, Photographer, Web Designer.

http://www.Jet-Fighters.Net
          http://www.Jet-Liners.Net

Comment

Originally posted by Jet-fighters.Net View Post
            I dont know what they are teaching you in school but the last time i checked the " symbol at the end of a number represents inches if it was metric it would be 31mm or 31cm
            I'm a kid.I don't really give a crap about that stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Spad13 View Post
              I thought I was pretty clear. My apologies is my post was beyond your level of comprehension.
              Sorry to tell you, I wasn't exactly asking you, after all you attacked this flight review pretty badly!!! It was directed at more level headed and considerate JP.net members. Sorry, if who I was asking that question to was WAY beyond your level of intelligence. Thanks to other JP.net members, I have the answer I wanted, this forum is for all flight reviews, not for only special international "first and business class," trips.

A warm regards and thank you to all of the other JP.net members for reconfirming my trust in this site.

Spad13, going through your thread starter index, I see you haven't written any flight reviews, you obviously don't know how much work goes into making one. So why did you so badly bash mine??? Such an unwarranted attack on me was completely unwarranted!!!

Regards,

Rohan

Comment

Originally posted by Foxtrot View Post
                Good flight review there Rohan, and don't feel discouraged to post more reviews. You may not get any replies but it's still good to post them anyway. Not all of us are frequent flyers and so most people, like me, always learn something about an airline, or an airport or something else which I haven't experienced. Now I may not reply all the time (in fact I don't), but I still enjoy reading reviews, especially detailed ones. Good information for us not-so-frequent flyers.
                Thank you very much for this post. I understood that most people aren't frequent fliers, neither am I, I just wanted to share a nice UA experience and I'm glad to hear that many JP.net members enjoy reading flight reviews, even if they may not reply.

Regards,

Rohan

Comment

Don't listen to Spad.I posted my US Airways flight review because no one posted one of US for a long time.And what would be a Exotic airline?British?Cathy?Air Jamica?And hes rude too.I bet ur posts aren't any different!So don't go around telling people what type of posts they should be typing.Anf fyi,its called the flight review,I don't see any title called"Has to be exotic or it won't be excepted" title.Do you?
                  Thank you very much BoeingKing77. I appreciate your post and yes, I agree, didn't understand what Spad13 meant by that flight reviews have to be exotic to be accepted. I completely agree with you, this is a website, frequented by people of many countries, so there's no such thing as an "exotic airline."

As for Spad13, I don't understand why he has to attack everyone who participates in the forum. I distinctly, remember him attacking you for no reason at all! However, I respect that Spad13 has the right to express his own opinions and even though he attacked this flight review quite badly.

I put over 3 hours of work into this flight review, plus the stress of trying to take good photos to make this flight review, as good as possible. The last thing I expected was to be attacked. Thankfully, most JP.net members have been extremely friendly and helpful.

Regards,

Rohan

Comment

Rohan,

A very interesting and informative review. Thanks for sharing.
                    It gives, people like me, who's never had a chance to fly any US carrier, a pretty good idea of what flying domestically in the US looks like.

Yet, I have one question: what is a seat pitch in a regular Economy section? Is it 31-32" or 28-29"?

Regards,

Michal
                    Thank you very much Michal and your post perfectly alludes to my previous point that JP.net is an international and a non-exclusive site, not only a US and exclusive site. I'm glad that my report gave you an idea about what flying in the US is like. As for the answer to your question, unfortunately, the Economy class pitch on UA is 31". Economy Plus, which was US$59 more on my flight, gives passengers 35" of legroom.

Regards,

Rohan

Comment

Originally posted by ATrude777 View Post
                      " =Inches.

Good report bud! Nice pictures and seems like a usual run of the mill UA flight!

Alex
                      Thank you Alex for the nice compliments and for taking the time to respond! I'm glad to hear that my experience on UA is now common-place because a few years ago when I last flew them, most people I talked had horrible experiences. I know that you are a huge Southwest Airlines fan and a former WN employee, so I hope to get to fly WN in the near future.

As for the photos, the one's from Newark turned out really well, much better than I expected. Is someone, is a photography could they tell me what I did wrong in Denver.

Regards,

Rohan

Comment

Originally posted by rohank4284 View Post
                        Thank you very much BoeingKing77. I appreciate your post and yes, I agree, didn't understand what Spad13 meant by that flight reviews have to be exotic to be accepted. I completely agree with you, this is a website, frequented by people of many countries, so there's no such thing as an "exotic airline."

As for Spad13, I don't understand why he has to attack everyone who participates in the forum. I distinctly, remember him attacking you for no reason at all! However, I respect that Spad13 has the right to express his own opinions and even though he attacked this flight review quite badly.

I put over 3 hours of work into this flight review, plus the stress of trying to take good photos to make this flight review, as good as possible. The last thing I expected was to be attacked. Thankfully, most JP.net members have been extremely friendly and helpful.

Regards,

Rohan
                        Your right that he does have his rights,but before he goes blabbing away,he should think about other people first.

Comment

Your right that he does have his rights,but before he goes blabbing away,he should think about other people first.
                          BoeingKing77, I completely agree with your post. Spad13 does have his rights, but I too wish that he would have been more considerate of my situation. I put in a lot of effort into this review, as most JP.net members do with their flight review, if he didn't like it. He could have more politely told me that my review wasn't attention grabbing, explained why in a polite and decent manner, and offered solutions to fix it. Not just blatantly said that my review sucked, not just that, all US domestic flight and that the flight review fourm was an exclusive place for "exotic flight reviews."

I was shocked at Spad13's posts this morning and a great big thank you to all of the JP.net members who posted in this thread.

Regards,

Rohan

Comment

Originally posted by rohank4284 View Post
                            BoeingKing77, I completely agree with your post. Spad13 does have his rights, but I too wish that he would have been more considerate of my situation. I put in a lot of effort into this review, as most JP.net members do with their flight review, if he didn't like it. He could have more politely told me that my review wasn't attention grabbing, explained why in a polite and decent manner, and offered solutions to fix it. Not just blatantly said that my review sucked, not just that, all US domestic flight and that the flight review fourm was an exclusive place for "exotic flight reviews."

I was shocked at Spad13's posts this morning and a great big thank you to all of the JP.net members who posted in this thread.

Regards,

Rohan
                            Well, Rohan, I tried to tell you politely, but you immediately got defensive with the "Well, I guess domestic trips aren't welcome around here quip."

Also, I'd be much obliged if you pointed out for me where I said your review sucked. What I said was there was nothing compelling about it, and I stand by that statement.

Let's go over what happened on your trip. You took a UA narrowbody from DEN to EWR and back, the trip was uneventful, you got de-iced at Newark (very common), you went back to DEN. You mentioned being annoyed at the dirty sidewalls and armrests (you're kidding, right?). Nothing is mentioned about the routes of the flights, what departure, what arrival etc (even though channel 9 was supposedly on, so that info was available to you). Your report resembles a road sign that says "At this sign on March 17 1877 nothing happened".

Now, let me give you an example of something compelling during a domestic flight. How about having to de-ice at, say, Orlando? Or how about maybe a low-altitude go-around? Or how about being on a small carrier that isn't very well-known (Cape Air, for instance)?

And yes, I think deep inside even you would agree that a report about an A340 going from LA to Tahiti is a lot more fascinating than DEN to EWR and back.

It's not my fault that you spent three hours writing a report that for all purposes says nothing at all. Perhaps you need a hobby. And if your buddy BoeingKing was smitten by it, well, he's 11 years old. If that's your target audience, good going. Or are you about that age yourself?

Comment

unfortunately, the Economy class pitch on UA is 31". Economy Plus, which was US$59 more on my flight, gives passengers 35" of legroom.
                              I think 31" pitch in the Economy class is not that bad. I thought it would be like 29", in order to "encourage" people to fork out US$ 59 for extra legroom. With 31" pitch there's no need to do that.

Comment

I think 31" pitch in the Economy class is not that bad. I thought it would be like 29", in order to "encourage" people to fork out US$ 59 for extra legroom. With 31" pitch there's no need to do that.
                                If you are 6'4" tall with size 15 feet the extra leg room is a god send. I dont have to worry about getting my knees crushed when the person in front of you reclines there seat.
                                Robin Guess Aviation Historian, Photographer, Web Designer.

http://www.Jet-Fighters.Net
                                http://www.Jet-Liners.Net

Comment

Working...
                                X