• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FedEx crash

1/27/09
    Plane Crash at Lubbock Preston Smith International Airport

Posted: Jan 27, 2009 05:45 AM EST
    Updated: Jan 27, 2009 08:56 AM EST

Lubbock, Texas - NewsChannel 11 is continuing to follow a developing sitation at Lubbock Preston Smith International Airport, where a plane crashed Tuesday at approximately 4:40 a.m. in a freezing mist.
    The airplane is reportedly a FedEx ATR-42, which is a cargo twin-turboprop aircraft. Officials say the plane originated at the Fort Worth Alliance Airport, and came down in Lubbock at the end of the runway, veered off and caught fire.
    Airport officials say the weather was not a factor in the crash.
    Airport first responders are joined by the Lubbock Police and Fire Departments. Firefighters are continuing to monitor hot spots.
    FedEx officials say both pilots are safe, but were taken to the hospital for a complete evaluation.
    The aircraft is reportedly between the taxiway and a runway.
    Runways are closed, due to icy conditions. De-icing is currently underway.
    A news conference is scheduled for 8:00 a.m.
    Continuing coverage on NewsChannel 11 and KCBD.com, as details become available.

As with most news stories I find this news story to be somewhat vague and contradictory end of questionable accuracy.

It says that there was an icy fog and the runway was icy. That would make me suspect that weather was a possible cause or contributing factor.

Yet the article states that weather was not a factor.

1: It seems that perhaps the reporter is fishing for information?

2: Perhaps the reporter or informant knows the real cause and stated that it wasn’t related to the weather but withheld the actual cause as try to postpone and avoid criticism or to try to avoid prejudicing an investigation or media/public feeding frenzy?

3: Perhaps it’s just typical bad reporting?

Comment

Originally posted by ATFS_Crash View Post
      ...3: Perhaps it’s just typical bad reporting?
      Surprised you haven't cited terrorism as a possible cause ?

Comment

Since I first commented; I watched the video and the explanation in the video filled in some gaps that together made the text article make a little more sense.

It seems they are assuming that it wasn’t weather related because the aircraft landed short. I think that may be jumping to conclusions, but somewhat logical.
        Originally posted by HalcyonDays View Post
        Surprised you haven't cited terrorism as a possible cause ?
        Once again you seem to smearing me with your ridiculous assumptions.

As I say follow the evidence; so far there seems to be no evidence of terrorism; however I still would not rule it out at this point.

You don’t seem to know the difference between keeping an open mind and lack of discretion. Which seems to show a lack of discretion/sanity on your part.

It seems like many here you have to project your tinfoil hat mentality on others. Troll activity

Perhaps you’re taking too much Halcyon. It is noted that in some patients it produces strange behavior especially when taken for a prolonged periods of time it can induce psychosis.

(I realize that’s probably not what your username means; but the evidence as provided by your posts support such a theory. A taste of your own medicine, so to say.)

Comment

Thankfully every one is safe! They can argue about what happened and who or what is to blame for a few months, everyone is safe.
          Don
          Standard practice for managers around the world:
          Ready - Fire - Aim! DAMN! Missed again!

Comment

Originally posted by ATFS_Crash View Post
            You don’t seem to know the difference between keeping an open mind and lack of discretion. Which seems to show a lack of discretion/sanity on your part.
            Well, regardless of whether that is, in fact, the case with Halcyon, it does seem the case with most of the posters around here.

Comment

I think ATFS_Crash needs a new trick, cause this one's getting old.

Comment

Working...
              X