Message aimed at video screeners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Message aimed at video screeners

I will not accept rejection without a reason for rejection. I promise to appeal every video that gets rejected without a reason. This is clearly not acceptable and this is why I am publicising this problem for all to see. The best advice I can give anyone else is NOT to accept this and appeal every last video rejected without a reason in the same way as I have.

Sorry guys its just not on.

Chris,

You have been uploading videos for weeks that have the same problems, over and over again. You've been told several times that the videos need to contain "action" (either a takeoff, landing, etc.) and that videos such as "Easyjet taxiing into the gate" are not acceptable. To be blunt, nobody cares about a video of a plane taxiing into a parking stand, or starting its engines and taxiing away for 10 seconds before the video ends.

You flooded the queue with videos like these again today and I got sick of wasting my time typing the same rejection reason that I've been typing every time you upload these sorts of videos. If you continue to upload these sorts of videos, they will continue to be rejected with no reason listed, and if you continue to appeal them out of spite, your account will simply be removed.
    Trump is an idiot!
    Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Firstly let me start this reply by stating that this is you're site and you can do what you like. My point is that not everyone is financially privileged enough to fly every week in order to get take off and landing videos.

The fact that another professional aviation video website has sections dedicated to both static (only) and Taxiing (only) with anything between 0 to 10,000 views per video proves this to be incorrect. OK I do understand its not the same as take off's and landings but the fact is that someone out there must have some degree of interest.

I genuinely believe I have a fair point and I look forward to see what you have to say Mr Kilroy

Comment

I wonder, what money has got to do with taking videos of a take off as oposed to videos of a taxiing aircraft. I'm not into video, but when taking photos it's my choice what I want to do and I thought, it was the same for videos.....
        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Money is a factor due the the fact at many larger airports here in the UK you cannot get too close to the perimeter fence without getting hassle from Airport Security or Airport Police (whichever gets to you first). Manchester from what I've heard is an exception and there are a few that do not hassle you. If you want take off videos from the others you now have to fly from that airport to get one.

Videos from inside the aircraft do seem to be the most popular and there are a few users who have a ton of these videos. My point is not everyone has enough money to fly every other week.

Comment

If there's no chance of getting action videos, as requested here apparently (as mentioned, I don't have anything to do with videos), why even bother? either take videos for your personal collection or upload them somewhere else. I don't get the point in "I can onlly shoot taxi vides, so accept them".

Comment

"I can onlly shoot taxi vides, so accept them"

This simply is not the message I am trying to give. I know I can't just barge in demanding what I want. This is why I'm trying to politely prove Chris Kilroy and to the other members of the team that "taxi videos are boring" simply is not true. I truly believe this site is in favour of those with enough cash to fly either every week or every other week to get the "action shots".

Also if this site really does not want taxi videos it should be stated clearly where all can see. Maybe it would not be a bad idea to clearly state what this site does want and does not want including a list of acceptable rejection reasons. It currently appears that there is no real rules as such and I believe there as some degree of inconsistency. I can prove this and if you wish i can provide video URLS of videos on JV thats are static/taxi only and not mine.

My point is if you don't accept Static/Taxi videos you don't accept them period.

Look forward to hearing you're response

Comment

I truly believe this site is in favour of those with enough cash to fly either every week or every other week to get the "action shots".
                Your interpretation, certainly not mine. also, as far as I can see, you have been informed several times, that this site wants action videos. So, I don't see the inconsistency point here. Chris and he screeners told you he wants action videos, so upload action videos.

Comment

I'm not one for mediation, cos generally I don't give a sh1t, that said, why not come down to Heathrow next Thursday with your moving picture machine (bloody technology) and get some montage's of Landings and Take Off's.

I am even buying Coke and Doughnuts.
                  Lee "Shaggy" Shand

Comment

Originally posted by LX-A343 View Post
                    So, I don't see the inconsistency point here.
                    Clearly you have not read my full last post (only sections). I shall now go into great detail about the gross inconsistency that is currently present.

Network Solutions - Original domain name registration and reservation services with variety of internet-related business offerings. Quick, dependable and reliable.

Video above not owned by me (taxi only)

Network Solutions - Original domain name registration and reservation services with variety of internet-related business offerings. Quick, dependable and reliable.

Vdeo above not owned by me (another taxi only one)

Video above not owned by me (both staic and periods of taxiying)

Video above features both idle and taxi (no take-off) not owned by me.

I'm sure there are more and I can look for more links if you so wish for me to. I fail to see how anyone can try and state there is no inconsistency after reading this and watching the videos.

I have no problem going elsewhere for taxi related videos in the future. What i do have a big problem with is inconsistency.

Comment

Sorry, but I won't take a look at the videos, as I'm really not into videos. In my opinion, you got your answers here an on other occasions. Those answers seem pretty spot on to me.

Comment

LX-A343 you are perfectly welcome not to watch the videos. The only problem you have is if you do not then you have no right to say there is no inconsistency as you have not taken the time to see the evidence for yourself. How can you possibly say there is no inconsistency without gathering the facts and properly analysing the whole story.

Like I said in the last post I "accept defeat" for want of a better phrase about uploading taxi videos and have no future plans to do it any more and haven't uploaded here and a couple of days. The inconsistency bugs me though and this I will continue to fight it through the mediation.

(by the way if you don't like watching the videos just look in the description as many of these videos do state taxi or static only. That way you can satisfy yourself that there is an inconsistency present without watching)

Comment

G-TTIC can I take it you wont be coming to Heathrow?
                          Lee "Shaggy" Shand

Comment

No sorry Wednesday is my usual day to go spotting as Mondays Tuesdays and Thursdays I am busy. Would have been nice to be able to go though. Thanks for the offer.

Comment

Originally posted by G-TTIC View Post
                              Clearly you have not read my full last post (only sections). I shall now go into great detail about the gross inconsistency that is currently present.

Video above not owned by me (taxi only)

Vdeo above not owned by me (another taxi only one)

Video above not owned by me (both staic and periods of taxiying)

Video above features both idle and taxi (no take-off) not owned by me.

I'm sure there are more and I can look for more links if you so wish for me to. I fail to see how anyone can try and state there is no inconsistency after reading this and watching the videos.

I have no problem going elsewhere for taxi related videos in the future. What i do have a big problem with is inconsistency.
                              I'm not taking sides, but I took a look at all of those videos. Did you notice how all of those planes had either a new livery (Air India), were unique (the AF concorde), or had a special livery (the Cathay 777 and ATA 727). Basically, that's why they got accepted, judging from the screeners responses, they don't want taxi movies of regular planes.

I think the main reason for your complaint is that you would like to have your movie on the internet. Why not try flightlevel350.com, another popular aviation video site, or putting the video(s) on Flickr.com or youtube.com, that way they would have a life on the internet.

Remember that you're not the only one who has experienced these same frustrations. I remember the first batch of aircraft photos I took, which got rejected. My first response was basically "how DARE you reject my photos."

I was really pissed off because I thought that I wasted my time and effort to try and get good airplane shots and they got rejected. I later realized that JP.net wants only the very good and best aviation photos, which is difficult to achieve. I used to feel frustrated because I could only get airplane photos when I flew, I have never gone on any spotting trips. Then I realized that I had some decent to good quality shots, so I put them on flickr.com.

My advice keep trying and realize that rejections happen to everyone, if you're unable to produce a Jetvideos.net quality video, try some other sites on the internet. Since you do go spotting, why not try making the journey to Heathrow, or maybe try taking photos of planes taxiing by.

Rohan

Comment

Working...
                              X