Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FCO's spotting point

Hi all,
    i will go to Rome FCO to take photos on the tenth of june.
    I will arrive to Rome at 1:00 pm and i have the flight to home at 4:15 pm.
    So...i have some questions:
    -where's the spotting point?
    -how many time do i spend to arrive to the spotting point (from the aerostation)?

Bye!
    Penzo Jacopo

Hi! First of all is important to have a car. With that you can easily reach every spotting points in this airport. There are several nice points where you can see and spot airplanes. The nearest is located in Via Coccia di Morto: it's a terrace on the roof of a gas station of API. It's good in your hours because the sun is getting behind you. Then you can go at the top of 16R where jets will fly above your head very low. In this case the sun is in front of you. To get there you follow Via Coccia di Morto until you find Via Idrovore di Fiumicino. Following the street for just 1 km you will find the lights of the runway. In this runway usually land Extra Schengen flights so it’s the main runway for widebodies and particular airlines. The other nice spotting point is on the other runway: 16L. to get there you follow Via Idrovore di Fiumicino until the asphalt ends and then you turn left for Via di Porto. Go down for it and when you reach a roundabout . At this point take the first exit and follow the street. You are now in Via dell’Olivetello. Follow the asphalt using Via del Campo Salino and Via della Trigolana. Now you have 2 options. You can see airplanes with the favour of the sun and you can take photo like this http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.p...6501198&nseq=5. For this spotting point you have to leave the asphalt and go toward a gate of the airport that is used for emergency vehicles. You notice that because the street turns exactly where you have to go ahead. It’s a little path with some trees, a lot of garbage and at the end of the path there is the gate. If you want, instead, go at the top of the runway you just follow the street (Via della Trigolana) for 150 meters and you stop in proximity of a pull-in where is also the fence and the lights of the runway. To reach the first spotting point from the terminal is 10 mins and the other 20 mins. I hope this can be usefull. If something is not clear or if you desire more details don’t hesitate to ask here or with PM!
    Alessio

Comment

Thank you for the answer, Alessio.
      However, to reach the first spotting point from the terminal is 10 mins on foot or by car? What kind of photos can i take at the first one?

Thank you again!

Bye!
      Penzo Jacopo

Comment

Well, to reach the first spotting point in 10 mins you need a car. You can go even with a taxi but I don't know if the taxi driver can understand easily where you want to go. Every time I have been there using a taxi I've always had problems for that reason. Anyway from the tarrace you will photograph airplanes slowing down on runway with full reverse and just airborne climbing with the gear retracting. Unfortunately I don’t have any shots taken from there in the database. Without move too much, just arriving at the end of street you can take photo similar to this http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.p...6501677&nseq=4. If you need more details I’m here!

Alessio

Comment

Thank you Alessio.
          You are very polite. You helped me.
          I haven't another questions at the moment.

Bye!
          Penzo Jacopo

Comment

Working...
          X