X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noise sky - help

Hi all!
    I went to Venice airport to take some photos two days ago,
    but all photos that i took have noise sky.
    How can i reduce the noise?

Sorry for my bad english... but i'm late and i'm in a hurry...

Bye!!
    Penzo Jacopo

What was your ISO setting at?

Comment

Post some examples.

Comment

When the noise in the sky is really bad, I use the lasso selection tool (Elements 5.0 or Adobe CS 3, but I'm sure other software has the same trick), I select the sky without (!) the buildings etc. and then apply Noise > Despickle. The result is not aways very good,but way better than the sky with the noise.
        If others have better solutions I am curious too.

Comment

Originally posted by pilotgolfer View Post
          What was your ISO setting at?
          100 ISO.

An example:

JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

Originally posted by Hinkelbein View Post
          When the noise in the sky is really bad, I use the lasso selection tool (Elements 5.0 or Adobe CS 3, but I'm sure other software has the same trick), I select the sky without (!) the buildings etc. and then apply Noise > Despickle. The result is not aways very good,but way better than the sky with the noise.
          If others have better solutions I am curious too.
          Thank you.

Bye!

Penzo Jacopo

Comment

Originally posted by 773 View Post
            JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!
            You may find that photo might be rejected for its size and centering. Just for reference:

Comment

Point and shot cameras don't handle low light situations like an DSLR, I think that's a mayor problem here. You will loose those shots with foggy skies due to high noise.

Comment

Is the noise there before or after processing? If it is post-processing, make sure you do not select the sky when you sharpen your image. The easiest way to do this is to select all of the sky, then Select>Inverse. From there apply your sharpening.
                KC-135: Passing gas and taking names!

Comment

Originally posted by turbotraker View Post
                  You may find that photo might be rejected for its size and centering. Just for reference:

http://forums.jetphotos.net/showthread.php?t=44854
                  It was only an example of a photo with noyse sky.

Originally posted by Anatal View Post
                  Point and shot cameras don't handle low light situations like an DSLR, I think that's a mayor problem here. You will loose those shots with foggy skies due to high noise.

Thank you for your reply.
                  So...what can i do?

Originally posted by Moose135 View Post
                  Is the noise there before or after processing? If it is post-processing, make sure you do not select the sky when you sharpen your image. The easiest way to do this is to select all of the sky, then Select>Inverse. From there apply your sharpening.
                  There is more noise ofter procwssing than before...

Anyway, thanks to all for your replies.

Sorry again for my bad english...

Bye!!
                  Penzo Jacopo

Comment

It was only an example of a photo with noyse sky.
                    Sorry, my mistake. I thought it was in the queue. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by turbotraker View Post
                      Sorry, my mistake. I thought it was in the queue. Good luck.
                      Yes, it is in the queue, but anyway it was only an example of a photo with noise sky.

Bye!
                      Penzo Jacopo

Comment

Yes, it is in the queue, but anyway it was only an example of a photo with noise sky.

Bye!
                        The sky is a little noisy, but I think that with the photo processing you may be able to improve it. I don't think that the easyJet photo is impossible to fix. As for your settings, a 100 ISO is pretty low, not sure why would see that much noise. The only thing I can think of is that you're not using a SLR. Unfortunately, the exif data wasn't supplied with the photo, when I checked in Photoshop CS4. What type of camera did you use?

You stated that there was more noise in post-processing, which makes me think that this is a processing issue. What photo-editing software did you use, for example, Photoshop?

Regards,

Rohan

Comment

Use 'Noise Ninja' for Adobe photoshop will help you alot in these situations

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Leaman View Post
                            Use 'Noise Ninja' for Adobe photoshop will help you alot in these situations
                            Thank you very much.

Bye!
                            Penzo Jacopo

Comment

Working...
                            X