Active Camera Demo Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active Camera Demo Problem

My plan, first read the forums, then only post a question that I did not find answered, is not that easy.. I not only searched the jp forum, but seeveral others, too and: there is still a mystery, I try to shortly describe it to you.

Active Camera Demo (Shareware) is available via this link
    http://secure.simmarket.com/anticyclone-active-camera-2004-(de_557).phtml
    So I was already happy that I found this link and I freely chose one of the two AC demo-versions (AC demo 2.1 for FS9.1, not for FS9.0), ..should 9.0 or 9.1 make that difference? It apparently does, after download and install "for FS9.1", nothing happens if I press the "X"-key sitting in the Virtual Cockpit (restricted to KSEA, but I was at KSEA, which I checked, too).

Next thing, I checked my FS9 version, and it is FS9.1, so the downloaded "AC for FS9.1" should be correct, but repeatedly nothing happens with the "X"-key.
    Then, several forums later, I found an entry that basically said "the order in which you update the programs is important.". Apparently, you FIRST have to install "AC for FS9.1", and THEN only do the update FS9.0 >> FS9.1 which really makes me feel slightly mad, AC in a version that is not yet on my computer at all? But ok, I'll try this, and I really hope that's it.

If it is not that, I'll be back very soon.
    The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

How good it feels to have a solution for an absolutely annoying computer problem..... ..

Here it is, the solution that at least is successful for my PC-machine:
    check version, FS9.0 or FS9.1 installed? If FS9.1-Update is installed, uninstall it (rollback to FS9.0). Then, install Active Camera (demo) 2.1 for FS9.0. Then, reinstall FS9.1-Update (downloaded from the Microsoft-homepage). Then you and your flying machines are ready for ground check (and for all the other active camera candies..).
    Obviously, now the program versions (AC 2.1 for FS9.0, then added FS9.1-Update) seem to be unfitting, but who cares. It works.

Comment

Bugfix

Maybe you experience the windows closing program if you have used "Active Camera-2.1-for-FS9.0-then-added-FS9.1-Update" before you reset for some reason/shut down your computer.
      Some people may say "RTFM", but..you go online, use one of the diverse search boxes, it is so easy and fast, much faster than scrolling through the whole manual.., done that too.
      So, if you read the anticyclone (producer of Active Camera) online FAQ, which of course is also in the manual... then you'll find out that there is a bugfix: AC2004_2_1 fix FS9_0.exe . So, if you download (anticyclone homepage) and install that, you should have "Active Camera-2.1-for-FS9.0-then-added-FS9.1-Update-then-added-AC2004_2_1 fix FS9_0" .
      That may sound ridiculous if you read that out at the phone , but it works.

Comment

Working...
      X