How are these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are these?

My first trip to DFW with the 70-300 VR. I guess they look ok but I'm not as happy with the performance of the 70-300 as I thought I'd be. Maybe just a bad day for shooting with the heat haze and high humidity. Let me know what you guys think and where to improve.

Settings = Manual, ISO 100, f11, 1/250 sec. Dynamic AF area, Center weighted metering

I think they look good. I just wish in the last one you could see the cockpit windows.
    Tanner Johnson - Owner
    twenty53 Photography

Comment

#1 lacks contrast for my "gusto"
      #2 + #3 look good.
      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

1st photo looks borderline backlit but would go along with Gerardo on 2 and 3 look good maybe a contrast adjustment may fix the 1st..maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by Shanwick View Post
          1st photo looks borderline backlit but would go along with Gerardo on 2 and 3 look good maybe a contrast adjustment may fix the 1st..maybe.

Yeah the 1st shot was taken at strait up and down noon with the sun directly overhead...it is probably a bit backlit, but I think it turned out decent, one of my favorite shots of the afternoon.

The rest are real grainy in the sky because it was so hazy in the background.

Comment

The heat and the high humidity will do it, my 300 f4 is knocked down a few pegs when its hot and humid out, and you can forget the 1.4x. Taking that into consideration these are good, although I'm seeing some grain in the sky.

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!"

Comment

Yeah I think with some Noise reduction work on the last too, they'll do just fine.

Comment

Working...
              X