• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Love the Recession

Honestly, i do.

Im not really fussed about all the people losing their jobs and being poor,
    Im a Uni Student, I'm already poor.

But now, everything is cheaper as people just try to sell things to get some money

its awesome.

Discuss.
    Sam Rudge
    A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

I'd have to agree.

Although your Commander and Chief is building up a damn to stop the shit that will eventually break some time in the future.

Good luck with that.
    My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

Recessions will be a positive for some parts of society however overall it at some point will touch these segments. While things are relatively cheap that opportunity is only open to those who are working.

As for myself, I work for a stable profitable company in the Health Care market but I'm very cautious of spending money on the chance things turn south and my company begins layoffs. So even though I can go out and spend I'm not. There's nothing positive on the horizon that makes me feel secure enough to go out and buy something major. This confidence issues is a huge part of the problem right now.

As for Obama...his policies are going to drain ever last dollar from this nation. He really is a text book Tax and spend Liberal.

Comment

This is from a political forum that I also post on....Nail head + hammer.

No, you're not the only one. Government is bloated and will continue to expand inexorably. To understand why, you have to look at our culture. More and more people don't understand the concepts of responsibility or self-reliance. People in the West don't remember what it was like to not be free, and so don't value freedom, and don't understand the responsibility that staying free entails. Instead, they just want free stuff. Free healthcare, free education, free daycare for children, welfare, employment insurance, pension, etc. They want the government to tell them what they can or cannot do, and what they can or cannot say, because they find certain things offensive (check the threads on discrimination, abortion, children's services, etc). Even the right wing has for the most part forgotten the ideas of small government and self-responsibility - instead they too want big government, they just want that government to do different things than what the left wants it to do.

Government should confine itself to endeavors which are necessary but unrealistic to be done in a private manner. Like you said, policing, defense, infrastructure (though some of that can be done privately too), a few other things. I'd add fundamental scientific research to the list as well.

It won't happen though, the power and social role of government is ever increasing in all western nations.

-Bonam

Comment

Originally posted by tommyalf View Post
          as for obama...his policies are going to drain ever last dollar from this nation. He really is a text book tax and spend liberal.
          yvfh
          Trump is an idiot!
          Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Kilroy View Post
            yvfh
            You and my friend at work are going to remind me of that for the next four years aren't you? ***grumble grumble grumble****

Comment

So will I Tommy...I'm not even American....but I will join in anyways just for kicks....

Comment

Originally posted by tommyalf View Post
                You and my friend at work are going to remind me of that for the next four years aren't you? ***grumble grumble grumble****
                I hope to God I only have to remind you of that for 4 years.
                Trump is an idiot!
                Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Read somewhere that some big time economists have come out saying that the only way for Obama to fix the economy is to use McCain's plans... Somehow I believe that.

After living in Hawaii for 20 years, Democrats don't impress me. Hawaii sucks at everything, economy, schools, inflation, etc. They are on the bottom of damn near every list out there. And guess what. For the entire time the state has been a state, it has been under democratic control in the congress and in the governor's mansion. With the exception of the current Governor, and she cant get much done because of the demorcrat controled congress. And the split in the congress has been is like 75% democrats 25% Republicans, and thats giving the republican some leeway probably closer to 90/10. Even in the US Congress, The senators and congressmen dont have campaigns for elections, because there is either no one running against them or someone with little money to get any traction to give them a race.

Its true with the shift to the left in the political world by all... It is said that today's Republicans are the J.F.Kennedy Democrats of the 60's.
                  -Not an Airbus or Boeing guy here.
                  -20 year veteran on the USN Lockheed P-3 Orion.

Comment

Read somewhere that some big time economists have come out saying that the only way for Obama to fix the economy is to use McCain's plans... Somehow I believe that.
                    What plans were those? McCain never came out with an economic plan...biggest reason he lost was because of that.

Comment

When there was lots of money and gas and jobs and what not, who cared about:

- renewal energy resources
                      - living better, healthier lives
                      - making better decisions for one's self and family
                      - moral standards and ethics in society
                      - financially security
                      - education

Either you suffer now and enjoy later or enjoy now and suffer later.

Comment

The current economic crisis can't be solved by government but it seems that most people assume that it will be. It's odd that many people, even those on the right are calling for Obama to come up with a plan to lead us out of recession...I always thought they wanted to let the market self correct...

On the whole loving the recession thing I think it's crap. I have applied for god knows how many jobs and I just can't get any interviews...no one I know can. And to think a short month ago I was a carefree University student...

Comment

Working...
                        X