This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ptbodale View Post
    You do not know me or the amount of aviation knowledge I have. I know that he, ITS, is ignorant, rude and a bully. He may have aviation knowledge, but he needs to learn how to disseminate information. Right from the start with his highlighting various words he irrated a number of people, made his posts difficult to read and his insults against several members of the site was not called for.
    It seems you take his comments here as insulting, ignorant, rude and bullying. I see it as standing firm on his positions and beliefs. If you actually read his postings and the positions he you may not agree with them but he always does a good job of providing a detailed explanation leveraging reason and discourse. Again if his post are difficult for you to read... please use the forums wonderful ignore function.

Shadey's Airbus vs Boeing debate is based on experience and professionalism... likewise for the reasoning behind the infamous phrase cheap composites have you read either of them? If you have and disagree, discourse with ITS is different but can be very enlightening.
    Proudly serving WTF comments since 2004

Comment

Originally posted by brianw666 View Post
      ...the more verbal contributors...
      What did I do?

Originally posted by Vnav
      ...yadda yadda yadda...
      Are you Dummy Pilot?

Originally posted by ATFS_Crash
      The likes of you remind me much of the Obama worshipers.
      For their liberal bromides?

Originally posted by rohank4284
      ITS is incredibly smart and his knowledge of aviation is incredibly broad, JP.net was lucky to have someone of his caliber....
      You disappoint me, Mr. Kapoor.

Comment

Originally Posted by brianw666
        Are you my barber ?...cos' he's the only one who looks just inside my hairline.

If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

You seemed like such an innocent child....

Comment

hello,

is there anyone of the mods who could post for how long ITS is banned? is it for 7 days or for longer?

thanks.
            Ciao,
            Jason

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
              hello,

is there anyone of the mods who could post for how long ITS is banned? ist it for 7 days or for longer?

thanks.

If ITS is allowed back than Shana, LeadSled and a couple of others should be allowed back as well. What is good for the goose should be good for the gander as well!

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post

So were Adolf Hitler/Josef Stalin/Pol Pot/Ayatollah Khomeini....most of the time !
                Are you kidding me... this has got to be by far the most idiotic post I have ever seen here on JP.net
                Proudly serving WTF comments since 2004

Comment

Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
                  Are you kidding me... this has got to be by far the most idiotic post I have ever seen here on JP.net
                  Why ? You think they weren't smart people ?

Comment

They took the minds of an entire nation, imposed their opinions above all others, refused to accept any other argument, yet were revered for most of the time ....... until they were found out. Seems quite smart to me.

Remind you of anyone closer to home ? Let's call him an apprentice dictator !
                    If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally Posted by tommyalf
                      If you don't like what some people post then use the ignore feature. Now I'm going to go out with some friends to have a few drinks and engage in "examining room talk" you have hangar talk I have "examining room talk," same concept....different topic. Some of you should try getting out a bit more often..you might develop a personality.
                      You are either naive, ignorant of these forums rules or just want to make other members sound plain stupid.

Forum Rules

By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually-orientated, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
                      But, you would assume that a moderator would be fully versed when it comes to the rules/regulations on the website and/or the forums...no? Well, just goes to show...
                      Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Actually it's not. Have another look at ITS posts.
                        Originally posted by Vnav View Post

ptbodale: In the immortal words of Adrian Cronauer: "You are in more dire need of a blow job than any white man in history". Seriously, you need to loosen up. You're wound so tight you could single handedly solve the energy crisis....all we need to do is shove some old fish bones and vegetable matter up your ass and in a few weeks you'd be spurting crude oil out your butt. Laugh a little, you'll live longer.
                        And you are coming to Peterborough to deliver this blow job?

It seems you take his comments here as insulting, ignorant, rude and bullying. I see it as standing firm on his positions and beliefs. If you actually read his postings and the positions he you may not agree with them but he always does a good job of providing a detailed explanation leveraging reason and discourse.
                        That's fine you see it one way and I see it another. I see it as ignorant, rude and bullying.

Comment

I see it as ignorant, rude and bullying.
                          Couldn't agree more!

Comment

This
                            And you are coming to Peterborough to deliver this blow job?
                            Plus this

Equals scary stuff, VNav. Watch your back.
                            Per
                            Ancient Mariner
                            Certified above and below...................sea level.

Comment

I see it as ignorant, rude and bullying.
                              I see it exactly the same way and I can't imagine any other way to see it by any rational and respectful person.
                              TAP - Transportes Aéreos Portugueses

Voe mais alto. Fly higher.

www.flytap.com

Comment

I would like to weigh in.

- First, to set the record straight on "Shana". She was an internet troll of the highest order, evil and sick. I'm sorry some of you didn't have a chance to see the full catalogue of her comments, but at one point she described the comparative male anatomy (to the nearest inch) as inversely proportional to ego - based on her own personal experience with airmen. I think you get the idea. She had the emotional development of a 14-year-old runaway, and probably spent more time near the train tracks than she did the airport. She contributed not one single shred of insight to any of the topics under discussion pertaining to aviation. She was no pilot.

- Second, ITS projects an internet personality. It is abrasive, annoying, condescending, but above all, entertaining and informative. Once you get over the delivery, and stop taking everything so literally and personally, you realize it's all part of the deal. I don't personally like Rush Limbaugh, but I don't think he should be pulled off the air. You accept it for what it is. I think ITS has a great following, and he understands that, as they say in show business, there's no such thing as bad publicity. Guess what? He doesn't actually believe everything he says.

- Third, this forum has its own character. If you want hardcore technical analyses, fiercely scrutinized posts, and a rigid pecking order, this isn't the place for you. But when you want to see real people saying what they think, from the blissfully ignorant such as myself to the sage wisdom of Don Moore, then JP provides that chance. ITS fits in here, and if anyone of good repute left because of him (which I seriously doubt), I'm sorry, because there are other members who make a far greater mess of things than ITS does.

- I believe those senior members who have endorsed ITS's credentials and knowledge. And even if I didn't, as ITS himself has said, his posts stand on their own. You build your own credibility over time by your words.

- Sometimes ITS crosses the line, and I wish he wouldn't, primarily because I would prefer he stayed awhile. Personal insults, threads like the Shana vigil, and so forth, show bad judgment in my opinion. But in his defense, he is under constant attack from every direction, and when you live near the edge, you're bound to fall off once in awhile.

- I personally thought posts 696, 727 (aside from the personal angle), and 752 in the Colgan thread were classics, along with many of the references to composite testing in the AF thread.

- There couldn't have been a better time to ban ITS. Not a single new scrap of evidence has emerged in 447, just a lot of building up of the pitot tube as inevitable cause. But it's getting awfully dull in here. Or should I say awfully bright. I think I need a visor or a tree or an umbrella...

Hopefully the mods will reinstate ITS should the v-stab from Yemenia Air emerge, as usual, like a portable floating dock, or when the crappy initial report is released on 447.

Comment

Working...
                                X