International Airport 1:400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International Airport 1:400

Hello all. My name is Randall and I have been uploading to JP for quite some time now. I wanted to share the other side of the madness. Though not an original creation from scratch, it definitely provides the effect and is about 90% complete at this point. Roughly 40 airlines service my diorama. This model airport is highly modified so as to not take over my entire house and has been reduced to roughly 150 inches long by about 60 inches wide. Hope to add some cargo buildings in the future and touch up the remote international terminal/ parking as well. The remote terminal/ parking is new and nearly complete at this point. I have expanded twice but have pretty much run out of real estate so to speak. I have received my inspiration from the way large airports on the west coast of the U.S. deal with international capacity challenges and have sought to create a similar overflow area. Enjoy!

very noice! is this the gemini kit?

yes i am a boeing fan, and i know thats a airbus, haha

Comment

It is- though there is some Herpa buildings and planes mixed in. I have modified it so it is not so wide.

Also there will be a couple new daily arrivals by the end of the week or so.

Phoenix 400- China Airlines 744 and V Australia 77W.

Comment

Cool model airport. From the looks of it, I would think it looks like Los Angeles. All the airlines that you have there serve LAX with similar planes as well. Fantastic Job!

Nehal

Comment

Thanks! LAX is indeed the airport I grew up around and still frequent several times a year as I still live in the area. There are some LAS regulars in there as well as that is my current home airport. I am waiting for Phoenix or Gemini to make the AC 763 that is daily from Toronto to LAS. That must be added as well.

Comment

As an Air Canada fan I know that Dragon Wings and Aeroclassic's both make Air Canada 767's in their new colour livery, the 70 anniversary one. Dragon Wings also makes a 767 in the Star Alliance scheme and Aeroclassics makes one in the "Hybrid" scheme as well .

Nehal

Comment

I see. I think I will wait for GJ to make it as recent negotiations with VA and CI have left me financially taxed at the moment. But now that it comes daily to LAS from YYZ trust me GJ will make it. They make just about everything that comes to LAS.

Comment

Let's hope so . I have been waiting for one for a while now.

I would also like to see a Gemini Jets Embraer 175 or 190 in the Air Canada colours, or in the jetBlue colours. Air Canada also serves Las Vegas with an E190 from Vancouver, maybe another model will be needed then .

Nehal

Comment

I agree- though I don't think they currently have that mold. I like the 190's a lot but they don't currently make any that I know of. At any rate I may have to plan in some additional terminal/remote parking if this continues.

Comment

Looking great, Randall!

See you next time you're in the store!

-Chris
                    Trump is an idiot!
                    Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Im so jealous .....lol nice job
                      :-) Life is like a Journey,Travel it well. United Airlines :smile:
                      :heart::smile::D:razz::-):-P:grin::):-D:love:

Comment

Thanks Chris! You know I can't stay away for long-really I have tried!!

@ I_Love_NY-Thanks you really got to love planes!

Comment

Wow dude. I have to check out this collection next time I am in town. What is this store you and Chris are talking about? Is this store in the vegas area?

By the way, may i ask how much dough you shelled out on this neat collection? I was thinking about doing such a layout myself and i have an extra 14ft x 12ft size room to spare for this .

regards,
                          Saurabh

PS: Just did a sample cart of all the items i like and the tab comes up to a tiny total of $1167.00. (a.k.a not getting this anytime soon )
                          Last edited by saupatel; 2009-07-26, 06:37.

Comment

Originally posted by saupatel View Post
                            Wow dude. I have to check out this collection next time I am in town. What is this store you and Chris are talking about? Is this store in the vegas area?

By the way, may i ask how much dough you shelled out on this neat collection? I was thinking about doing such a layout myself and i have an extra 14ft x 12ft size room to spare for this .

regards,
                            Saurabh

PS: Just did a sample cart of all the items i like and the tab comes up to a tiny total of $1167.00. (a.k.a not getting this anytime soon )
                            Coooool!! Come on over! I am probably close to 4G's deep since the start. Keep in mind I update/ sell and trade off my models as well when I want other things. My airport looks crowded beyond 40 models so I try to stay within that range. I have a few in display cases but not many. The cost estimate would be every piece of everything you see in these photos so still cheaper than model trains. BTW I enjoy getting them slowly, not all at once. It does not seem like so much cash then.

Yeah the store is a couple blocks from the airport. Send me a message and I'll shoot you the details. There is untold thousands of dollars in rare and exotic models in that place with a display and all. I estimate. Maybe that is a slight exaggeration but not by much!

Comment

Looking good, Randall.

Comment

Working...
                              X