Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone familiar with the Nikkor 16-85 VR lens?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone familiar with the Nikkor 16-85 VR lens?

I'm thinking of buying this lens as a replacement for my 18-200 zoom, which let me down a couple of times lately.

I read good things about it in reviews but I wonder how the lens is in the field.

Roel.

Originally posted by Diezel View Post
    I'm thinking of buying this lens as a replacement for my 18-200 zoom, which let me down a couple of times lately.

I read good things about it in reviews but I wonder how the lens is in the field.

Roel.
    Sounds familiar: I found too late I have a soft spot at the left side in my 18-200 VR above 110 mm, so I wasn't using it much anymore. I am searching for the right replacement as well.
    The 16-85 is a very nice lens, my hubby got it on his d90 and I can use his gear. We both are very content with the lens. It is sharp, quick and everything worth the money. I made some images from the panorama terrace at Schiphol with the 16-85, which I haven't uploaded yet. Got one of a driving train at jpnet's sisters site (maybe not the best comparisson): http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=293122
    Edit: I did upload one: [photoid=6619053]
    Personally I feel the 16-85 is a good enough replacement for me for the 18-200. Now I use both my 70-300 vr and the 16-85 vr when I am on the terrace, but I would like to carry only one lense

cheers, Pamela
    Last edited by pdeboer; 2009-08-26, 14:40.

Comment

Originally posted by pdeboer View Post
      but I would like to carry only one lense
      Lazy you

Comment

Originally posted by Omar Alex Saffe View Post
        Lazy you
        Yep, true, when I use 2 cams and 2 lenses I ask my hubby to carry one around which he does
        I just need a 16-400 zoom and a professional digital reflex which are so small that I can carry them in a tiny handbag

Comment

Thanks Pam, great results!

Now I only need to sell my 12-24, which I hardly use, to finance the 16-85 and there we go

Roel.

Comment

Working...
          X