Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 71

Thread: Embraer 145 questions

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    578

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 3WE View Post
    "Young" is a relative term, so indeed, you may offer an alternative view on his age.

    However, please provide an age distribution profile of "big iron" pilots and where Renslow falls on it, and then let me know his relative age.

    It could also be valuable to do the same for his flight experience.
    I'm not entirely sure on what you mean by "age distribution profile" or where I would find such a thing, but my point was that at age 47 Capt Renslow was hardly a "young pilot". Consider that until recently he would only have been 13 years away from mandatory retirement. I am no expert on his experience or skill.

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,427

    Default

    All those other things merely got the KLM plane where it was. The captain's decision to go rather than get permission was not in any way compelled by anything else that happened. In fact, it was a nullification of what he had been telling his pilot students.

    I think you guys gotta get out of defensive mode once in a blue moon. Stop defending killers just because you love professional pilots so much.

  3. #43
    Senior Member 3WE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EconomyClass View Post
    All those other things merely got the KLM plane where it was. The captain's decision to go rather than get permission was not in any way compelled by anything else that happened. In fact, it was a nullification of what he had been telling his pilot students.

    I think you guys gotta get out of defensive mode once in a blue moon. Stop defending killers just because you love professional pilots so much.
    In just reread the CVR transcripts. I didn't catch the conversation you refer to- FO: "We don't have pemission", Captain: "I have decided that we will take off without it"

    Instead, the control tower (who throughout the affair had used rough English) said "you are cleared" as they were going into position. That sure seems ripe to be interpreted as "permission"

    And, why in your wild acusation here- do you overlook Syd's item #4: Pan Am's broadcast that they were still on the runway, but it is blocked by a simultaneous tower transmission. Reviews of all three tapes confirm that the tower and Pan Am broadcast at the same time and KLM's CVR records a radio squeal at the exact same time... Could it be that this doesn't support your conclusion...yeah, I hate it when facts get in the way, so let's just ignore them.

    But never mind, you are right and the other 95% of us on these forums are wrong, so carry on.
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    1,090

    Default

    Well, only flown once with this series of E-jets and I had a pleasant ride from Warszaw to Oslo with LOT.
    As for pilot hours on the 145, I´m sure the depressed job market forces more pilot to stick with their 135/145 so it´s getting better.
    "The real CEO of the 787 project is named Potemkin"

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Curtis Malone View Post
    I'm not entirely sure on what you mean by "age distribution profile" or where I would find such a thing, but my point was that at age 47 Capt Renslow was hardly a "young pilot". Consider that until recently he would only have been 13 years away from mandatory retirement. I am no expert on his experience or skill.
    I seem to remember that, even when he was 47 years old, he hadn't been a pilot for very long. A few years, yes, but let's say that he was a late bloomer and he didn't become a pilot at 22. He also failed a couple of checks/tests.

  6. #46
    Senior Member Gabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Buenos Aires - Argentina
    Posts
    6,867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Apooh View Post
    I seem to remember that, even when he was 47 years old, he hadn't been a pilot for very long. A few years, yes, but let's say that he was a late bloomer and he didn't become a pilot at 22. He also failed a couple of checks/tests.
    Nope 3WE. Apooh is not Flyboy.

  7. #47
    Senior Member 3WE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Nope 3WE. Apooh is not Flyboy.
    Concur
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

  8. #48
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Great work .. really informative .. and thanks a lot for sharing ..

  9. #49
    Senior Member 3WE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smitwimus View Post
    Great work .. really informative .. and thanks a lot for sharing ..
    Is someone supposed to feel pwned?
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Nope 3WE. Apooh is not Flyboy.
    Was it something I said?

  11. #51
    Senior Member 3WE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Apooh View Post
    Was it something I said?
    Regardless of who you are, I think you know that it was a lot of things you didn't say.
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

  12. #52
    Senior Member TeeVee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    1,997

    Default

    all this cryptic talk about identities makes me laugh. i think we all, or most, keep our identities hidden in these forums.

  13. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    U.S.
    Posts
    71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TeeVee View Post
    all this cryptic talk about identities makes me laugh. i think we all, or most, keep our identities hidden in these forums.

    3WE is set on the fact that I am one of his old AD forum buddies and for some reason he wants to prove it. That's all there is to it.

  14. #54
    Senior Member 3WE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Apooh View Post
    3WE is set on the fact that I am one of his old AD forum buddies and for some reason he wants to prove it. That's all there is to it.
    1) It is an AD joke to call folks on multiple identities.
    2) Spad = Flyboy = Kaleohano = OKCIRW
    3) I know Vnav by two other names.
    4) I strongly suspect that PHLY gal is Melissa
    5) Pipe = Al Dente = ???
    6) In the Shade = In the Sun

    Apooh could fit in at AD excep that he finds these games troubling.

    If they get our place fixed, I'm hoping to go back (or go away from certain perspective), I have a higher-level question to ask.
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

  15. #55
    Member TheRealAncientMarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Close to TRF
    Posts
    450

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 3WE View Post
    1) It is an AD joke to call folks on multiple identities.
    2) Spad = Flyboy = Kaleohano = OKCIRW
    3) I know Vnav by two other names.
    4) I strongly suspect that PHLY gal is Melissa
    5) Pipe = Al Dente = ???
    6) In the Shade = In the Sun

    Apooh could fit in at AD excep that he finds these games troubling.

    If they get our place fixed, I'm hoping to go back (or go away from certain perspective), I have a higher-level question to ask.

    I'm real, always.
    Per
    Ancient Mariner
    Certified above and below...................sea level.

  16. #56
    Banned Verbal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Planet Bacterion
    Posts
    782

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealAncientMarine View Post
    I'm real drunk, always.
    I fixed your typo.

  17. #57
    Member el's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Tip of Africa
    Posts
    484

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealAncientMarine View Post
    I'm real, always.
    Per
    You're sure you're not Karl?
    warning: this post may contain traces of irony.

  18. #58
    Senior Member 3WE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,986

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by el View Post
    You're sure you're not Karl?
    So, I wonder if you will dare answer this question:

    I vaguely remember Karl.....but: Who was Karl, what did he do and why was he legendary?

    At the time, I was much more fixed on whether a dummy could land an airliner, and probably getting really hacked off by ITS for him calling me a stick shaker. I also struggled to be a follower of ITS or a follower of JetCaptain.....both said some very interesting things.

    I also tried to read several posts by Gabriel.

    After reading them, I know the name "Karl", but that's about all I can remember.
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

  19. #59
    Banned Verbal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Planet Bacterion
    Posts
    782

    Default

    Karl is the real name of the person who posted as Jim Knight.

  20. #60
    Senior Member TeeVee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    MIA
    Posts
    1,997

    Default

    this is all way too brilliant for me to follow...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •