Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Qantas's Flagship Airplane-Wunala Dreaming/A380?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VH-OEB is used more for promotional purposes than VH-OEJ as it carries the oneWorld logo and the new Qantas livery.

Whilst VH-OEJ and VH-VXB are still stand out aircraft in the Qantas fleet they are certainly not flagships...if anything VH-OQA would be the most prominent aircraft in the Qantas fleet when it comes to advertising the Qantas brand.

Comment

The A380 is all over their advertising at the moment, especially on the IFE introduction section that i've watched a couple of times over the last couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by SYDCBRWOD View Post
        Wiill they consult you before making the decision?
        Haha!....It would be nice. But your right, i do not actually work for Qantas (maybe someday), sorry UAL747LAX, but don't take my word for it.

Also i highly doubt if they paint the A380 in aboriginal colours its going to be the same as Wunala dreaming.

Just my 2 cents.
        There's nothing like an airport for bringing you down to earth. — Richard Gordon

Comment

Article: "Year of the giant The A380 in service with Qantas and SIA" By Ellis Taylor, Australian Aviation magazine, December 2009/No.276

Page 28:

"Even though the aircraft was more than two years late, Qantas says that it has been a resounding success, and has taken the honour of flagship of the fleet"

Comment

I would like to see a QF A380 in one of Qantas's retro scheme such as from the late 70's early 80's with the 'winged' kangaroo, or even like a scheme from the B707 era.

Wunala and Nalanji have been done and dusted, why go again???
            Formerly A380-QOTS from AD.com forums.

Comment

Originally posted by UAL744LAX View Post
              I have been hearing that Wunala Dreaming/VH-OEJ "was" Qantas's old flagship plane and now that Qantas has the A380s in their fleet, some people are saying that the A380 is Qantas's new flagship plane.

My question is... What plane is Qantas's flagship airplane? Wunala Dreaming/VH-OEJ? Or the Airbus A380?

I need to know the answer people. Please? Thank you.
              What I know is, .. EDDF - YSSY (+return) has always been a QF-B744-route. Lufthansa (like me) is seeing forward to the first LH-A388-TakeOff (at EDDF Frankfurt/Main). And as far as I know, we do not fly LH-A388 to Sydney.
              The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
              The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
              And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
              This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Well, that is one method to see the biggest Qantas birds at Frankfurt/Main EDDF: wait until they divert a EGLL-arrival to EDDF because of misty conditions: QF-A388. We enjoy the first scheduled arrival of that bigga bird in Germany.
                The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
                The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
                And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
                This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Originally posted by marty hanley View Post
                  I would like to see a QF A380 in one of Qantas's retro scheme such as from the late 70's early 80's with the 'winged' kangaroo, or even like a scheme from the B707 era.

Wunala and Nalanji have been done and dusted, why go again???
                  I concur. Why simply re-hash something that has already been done. Don't get me wrong - I love Wunala and Nalanji, but something fresh and new would be appropriate for the fresh, and new flaghsip of an airline that is trying to push forward into the future.

Oh, and just my 2 cents - re-read the defination of 'flagship' and you will see that the A380 is Qantas' flagship (according to the classical defination of the word).
                  Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Originally posted by tommyalf View Post
                    There's a broken down 737 sitting in Tazmania in QF colors that they call their flagship. Does that answer your question?
                    er, that's TaSmania.
                    You cant have the best virtual airline in the world without the best people. Ansett Australia.

Comment

Working...
                    X