Advice for a friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice for a friend

I have a friend that has recently gotten into photography. His name is Blair McFarlain and I wanted to introduce you to his work. I wanted to get some advice and feeback about these images I have posted on this thread taken by him. Are any of these contenders for Jetphotos.net?

Hmmm very interesting mix of pics and I'd say they range from fair to outstanding. The terminal reflecting in the water is simply outstanding IMO. If this is his first attempt he's well on his way. I certainly think a good deal of these shots are uploadable.

Comment

If it was my photography I would try and upload 6,7,9,10. But that's just my opinion. Thank you very much for your input Tom.

Comment

I would upload nrs. 6, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12. Specially 6 (terminal reflecting) and 9 are outstanding. Some of the other shots show, that your friend has more than just some talent, all he needs is a bit of practice to avoid those minimal errors which lead to a rejection on an online photo db (Chopeed off wing tips, slight underexposure,...).

And yes, if that's his first attempt .... WOW!!!
        My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Apart from 4 all are not bad. Some have minor faults (cut-off wingtip, bad horizon, little heat distortion) some are outright remarkable (6+9). He will probably go through some rejections to adjust his up-loads to the rules of jp.net, but for a first try that is some solid work.

Comment

Solid work indeed.

I predict a Peoples choice and more than likely a Screeners Choice in the near future. He very obviously has an eye for a different view.
            If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

As said before these are some nice photos. I especially like the Southwest wide angle but thats a matter of personal taste. My only question is, since JP forums are free of charge, why does your friend not post on his own if he plans to upload here anyway?
              greetings,
              Philip

Comment

He didn't feel any of his stuff would make it on to the database and I wanted to re assure him that some of those shots were worthy of Jetphotos.net. Since this thread was started, he successfully uploaded his A-4 reflection shot. http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.p...6733687&nseq=0

Thanks to all for everyone's comments and advice.

Regards, Andrew Broadfoot

Comment

See? Told 'ya!

Pass my congrats to him and show hims some of the screeners comments shown in this topic. And at the end: what does he have to loose? No risk, no fun!

Comment

Guys, I'm the photographer that Andrew spoke about.

Thanks for all the kind words!

I submitted 4 photos total, one was accepted, and these two I can understand:

But what do I need to put for the terminal shot? It got rejected for bad / missing info. There are no planes in the photo, it's just a photo of the 1940 terminal.

Here's the shot on Flickr if the reject link goes expired.

Thanks, and I look forward to posting many shots on JP!

Blair

Comment

#1 AND #2: A little bit too low in the frame, although I would appeal the bizjet photo, as it seems nice composed, following the rule of thirds

The terminal shot: upload as explained in the upload guidelines, insert ICAO code of the airport in both auto-fill fields, reg and location, then select "Terminal" from the airline menu.

As mentioned above: it's a great shot and deserves beeing showed to the whole wide world.

Gerardo

Comment

Thanks for the advice.

So do I appeal the terminal shot or just re-upload?

I don't see where I can edit the info of the rejected shot.

Thanks!

Comment

you have to upload again. A tip: write in the "remarks to screener" field, that the photo had previously been rejected for wrong info.

Comment

Working...
                          X