Boeing 787 First Flight Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boeing 787 First Flight Thread

Apparently it's supposed to fly December 15th!!

Flickr |Airliners.Net | Airplane-Pictures.Net | Jetphotos.Net

Finally! After years of delays, it flew... And also a beauty!

Comment

A B787 flying? Must be a faked photo or film ....
      My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

It lifted its nose off the runway - hardly call that flying!

Looking forward to the first flight though!

Comment

That has got to be the coolest wheelie ever!!!!!!

I'm thinking it must be frustrating for the pilot to do that and not being allowed to takeoff!!!

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysconcorde View Post
            That has got to be the coolest wheelie ever!!!!!!

I'm thinking it must be frustrating for the pilot to do that and not being allowed to takeoff!!!
            Tex Johnson while wearing a cowboy hat would have lifted that bitch off the ground barreled rolled her all while smoking a big fat cigar, whistling "I Wish I Was in Dixie." They don't make test pilots like that anymore. But this was cool to see anyway

Comment

Looking forward to seeing this baby fly! FF December 15?... if I had the money I'd get myself on the first available flight out of London!
              Last edited by HB-IHC; 2009-12-13, 18:51.

All our final decisions are made in a state of mind that is not going to last (Marcel Proust)

Comment

"Look ma, I'm doing a wheelie in a Boeing 787"

From this demostration, looks like Boeing will be able to do something they haven't been able to done in a long time...and that is living up to a proposed date of first flight, then again who knows.
                what ever happens......happens

Comment

Pretty cool. Interesting to see the spoilers left up to keep the weight on the ground.
                  Tanner Johnson - Owner
                  twenty53 Photography

Comment

just curious here, what is the point of a wheel up only test?

Comment

Originally posted by ced ampo View Post
                      Finally! After years of delays, it flew... And also a beauty!

It didn't fly, it did a wheelie
                      Signatures are overrated

Comment

Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
                        Nah, they were trying to get it to fly but ran out of room. Rumour has it that they went overboard on the reinforcing...

Next proposed attempt is at the Bonneville salt flats - with a bit of luck the curvature of the earth will ensure they get airborne.

Comment

Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
                          to check elevator response and authority..Boeing cannot fly the aircraft until the FAA gives them a flight permit after all of the ground and taxi test have been completed.
                          Robin Guess Aviation Historian, Photographer, Web Designer.

http://www.Jet-Fighters.Net
                          http://www.Jet-Liners.Net

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Diffoot View Post
                            "Look ma, I'm doing a wheelie in a Boeing 787"

From this demostration, looks like Boeing will be able to do something they haven't been able to done in a long time...and that is living up to a proposed date of first flight, then again who knows.
                            There's a very good chance it will be delayed another day or 2 by weather. Rain / low ceilings.
                            Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Check Flight aware later. You should see the flight plane filed if they go. Kinda ICKY here this morning. I know there is a lot of excitement going on here. Although Im not going to see it live. Im down at the Simulator building running some tests on a 777 FMC software update ... BUGGER ALL.

Comment

Working...
                              X