Goodbye....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoeingKing77 View Post
    For what??Ill tell what the fu#k we're over there for.To protect the people from terrorists who do nothing more but blow themselves up in a crowded market full of innocent Iraqis and Arabs because they are to chicken to actually come out and FIGHT us.
    Have you paused to think that before the "Good Guys" decided to invade iraq and Afghanistan there were not terrorists blowing up "innocent Iraqis and Arabs". That only started happening AFTER the US decided to invade two sovreign nations (well, Afg technically met that definition in practice it was basically a lawless poppy factory).

They are so freaking brainwashed that they actually think that they are going to meet 72 virgins up in heaven....well,that is soooo wrong.
    Your evidence on this? What if 'they' are right and 'we' are wrong?

They're gonna meet 72 gays in hell(some1 had to say it).
    Ah, homophobia - how cute and in a 12 year old no less. Plan becoming a 'big man' when you grow up and beating up gays? Some of the brightest, nicest people I have met are gay - if you grow up emotionally, you too may realise that. And, no, nobody had to say it.

We are proecting the people!!!How can you not see that??
    People that did not need protection before we invaded. I'd call that an own goal.

We are there because the western world is petrified that if the one strong pro western government in the middle east falls (the house of Saud) to the Wahabist movement that is gaining strength within Saudi Arabia, we westerners would be screwed. The major oil producing countries (Saudi, Iraq, Iran, Venezuela) would all be anti American and their allies. This whole conflict in Iraq was a thinly veiled attempt to secure the supply of oil by putting in place a backup plan in case the house of Saud falls. Afghanistan is a different and sadder story. Sure the threat there needed to be eliminated - but attempting to conquer and convert a 'country' that is nothing more that a collection of warring tribes dating back to when Moses played full back for the Jerusalem All Stars wasn't and will not happen (at least not the way they have been trying in the past).

If we were not over there then there wouldnt even BE an election today.
    Who says a democracy is what every person and nation wants? Why is this so important? There are many parts of the world that are very happy in their ways without democracy.

And by the way,I dont think this is a place to be selling sd cards.
    Agreed - its simply a new way to try and sell a product - spam is easily recognised and deleted, so they employ cheap labour to get onto boards and 'engage' in conversation. It's pretty easy to pick.

Oh yeah,good luck Joe and thank you for protecting us and the people of Iraqi and Afganistan!!
    whats 7-7?

Comment

1.No,there were suicide bombers before we invaded. The amounts just picked up because,in my opinion,the terrorists are trying to make them feel unsafe again.
      2.I dont think god wants people to blow themselves up and kill other people that he created and then be rewarded in heaven.
      3.I dont hate gays.and i wikied homophobia and last I checked I dont think ive been going around calling people f#gs and doing speeches that the state pays you to do. Its just that kids these days just learn bad stuff alot earlier.Believe me,other kids in my clas know a lot of stuff to.
      5.A democracy is important because,think of like communist countries. People dont get to pick their own jobs. Revolutions try to start for equal treament and to pick their own jobs and get quashed by military strength. Like,in a WW2 book I have,it had a small bit of info on the cold war.One nation-I think Hungrary or the Chech Republic or something-a revoultion started and the USSR sent in tanks to stop it.

Thx for the link
      August 29th will be the worst day of the year.

Comment

Good luck Joe, stay safe and give this country a good name!

Comment

Originally posted by SYDCBRWOD View Post
          People that did not need protection before we invaded. I'd call that an own goal.
          Hey, that Saddam is no longer around today is a good thing. Entire communities are not being systematically gassed to death.
          For the love of God, folks, don't try this at home.

Comment

Currahee !!!!

Originally posted by londonjoe View Post
            well folks, as some of you may know, i am a member of the u.s army.
            On march 1st i will be shipping out to afghanistan.
            Im currently on a weekend pass so tomorrow im going off to fort campbell,kentucky which is where i will most likely remain.
            Well wish me luck. Ill try and stay in touch, but internet isnt exactly the most important thing on our mind when out there.

Regards
            private first class joe barker
            101st airborne
            4th brigade combat team
            2nd battalion,506 infantry regiment,charlie company

Comment

72 virgins ???

You mean...72 like this ?

If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

1.No,there were suicide bombers before we invaded. The amounts just picked up because,in my opinion,the terrorists are trying to make them feel unsafe again.
                Suicide bombers inside Iraq and Afg? Can you give me examples of widespread killings by suicide bomber in either country prior to invasion?

2.I dont think god wants people to blow themselves up and kill other people that he created and then be rewarded in heaven.
                If there is a god, if you believe in heaven. Not everybody believes in either

3.I dont hate gays.and i wikied homophobia and last I checked I dont think ive been going around calling people f#gs and doing speeches that the state pays you to do. Its just that kids these days just learn bad stuff alot earlier.Believe me,other kids in my clas know a lot of stuff to.
                Reread what you wrote earlier - homophobia isn't just the description you have listed. By implication evil people go to hell, and there yet you have written they are going to meet 72 gays in hell. Therefore by implication gay people are evil. I wonder why you just didn't write 72 axe murderers. When you say "Its just that kids these days just learn bad stuff alot earlier." Are you inferring that being gay is bad? Here's a tip, its not, its just that these gay blokes prefer men to women - that doesn't make them bad. IMHO, it leaves more women for us straight guys!

5.A democracy is important because,think of like communist countries. People dont get to pick their own jobs. Revolutions try to start for equal treament and to pick their own jobs and get quashed by military strength. Like,in a WW2 book I have,it had a small bit of info on the cold war.One nation-I think Hungrary or the Chech Republic or something-a revoultion started and the USSR sent in tanks to stop it.
                Zimbabwe is a democracy, they cannot as a nation feed themselves, their health system is in ruins as is much of the entire nation. Cuba is a communist dictatorship - despite trade sanctions that have been one of the reason for their curtailed economic growth, their people eat and their health care system is better arguably than the US. Saudi Arabia is prosperous nation that is not a democracy. It is an autocracy based around the royal family. I would rather live in Cuba or Saudi than Zimbabwe right now.

Funny you mention the Communist big brother sending in tanks to stop a revolution and change a government. As part of your edcation maybe you should google 'bay of pigs' where the US tried to change the government in Cuba (I think Castro survived at least 4 attempts on his life by the CIA). Nicaragua where the US has had a finger in the politics of that nation over most of the last century, culminating in the Contra affair. The result was:

The International Court of Justice, in regard to the case of Nicaragua v. United States of America in 1984, found; "the United States of America was under an obligation to make reparation to the Republic of Nicaragua for all injury caused to Nicaragua by certain breaches of obligations under customary international law and treaty-law committed by the United States of America".[52]

It isn't just the US and the former USSR that meddle in another nations politics - no country has a clean conscience on that note including my country, Australia.

Something you will learn BoeingKing77 as you grow older is that there are very few absolutes - Mostly there are shades of grey - on the whole I am glad I live in a democracy, yet in Afganistan the type of democracy that we practice here in Australia is unlikely to work as well as it does here. In Afg, a village elder will rule his people along with the leading religious man of the district. This was not by any definition a democracy, yet it had worked for centuries. We cannot hope to pop in there for 10 years and change an entire culture, and who says we should do that. Did the Afghan people request the change? Or is it being forced upon them. Put yourself in their shoes - would you be happy if say, the Bulgarians invaded and told America that from tomorrow, all government will be apointed by a central committee (not elected) and that you will get no say in how things work. You will just obey.

Happy to debate these points with you, but be aware that on a mainly adult forum you will get pinged if you try to pop a bit of homophobia into a conversation. If it was intended in jest you need to make that clear.

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                  72 virgins ???

You mean...72 like this ?

Oooohhhhhh - tasty....

Comment

Originally posted by SYDCBRWOD View Post
                    ...................., but be aware that on a mainly adult forum you will get pinged if you try to pop a bit of homophobia into a conversation. If it was intended in jest you need to make that clear.
                    Why? Not allowed to have an opinion on that issue anymore.
                    Can't use the word "gay" but the old comeback of homophobe gets tossed in as an attack on those who have a differeing opinion.

e........They are so freaking brainwashed that................
                    Maybe, maybe, but that statement can also describe the 308 million people that live south of the Canadian border.

But back to the topic.
                    In security and paranoia driven USA I doubt a trained soldier would post the details of his deployment on a forum....a bit odd.....but....
                    My contribution to JetPhotos

Comment

man,that just way to much for me to write...LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Wilson View Post
                        Why? Not allowed to have an opinion on that issue anymore.
                        Can't use the word "gay" but the old comeback of homophobe gets tossed in as an attack on those who have a differeing opinion.
                        You considered his use of 'gay' a well reasoned well argued opinion? I didn't and 99/100 wouldn't either. It was a cheap shot. It is about as acceptable as referring to the disabled as 'retards', black people as 'niggers' and asians as 'slopes'.

But back to the topic.
                        In security and paranoia driven USA I doubt a trained soldier would post the details of his deployment on a forum....a bit odd.....but....
                        If he was part of some special forces unit then yeah, decidedly odd. But he's not - and the deployment of major manouvre elements is not exactly a state secret. In fact the ADF tells the world via it's website: http://www.defence.gov.au/op/afghani.../factsheet.htm In this case: 7 Brigade.

Why did he post? Having been operationally deployed overseas, mail from home was very welcome. Maybe he doesn't have much of a support network and was hoping some of us may drop him a line. Maybe he's just proud and excited to be going and decided to tell the world? Does it really matter? I just hope he remembers his drills, doesn't step on something nasty and serves honourably.

Comment

[quote=SYDCBRWOD;544515]You considered his use of 'gay' a well reasoned well argued opinion? I didn't and 99/100 wouldn't either. It was a cheap shot. It is about as acceptable as referring to the disabled as 'retards', black people as 'niggers' and asians as 'slopes'.quote]
                          Hey,hey,your getting all the wrong vibes here. Im not calling all gays "evil" and that they would all go to hell. Just a form of speech. If you cant deal with it thats fine with me but are you saying that there is not one single gay person in hell??

Comment

So your saying that u dont care about him going to war ?

Hes saying goodbye becuase there is a strong possibility of him not seeing anyone from the "normal" world ever again....is there anything wrong with that ??

Comment

Originally posted by United.AirlinesLover View Post
                              So your saying that u dont care about him going to war ?
                              How'd you reach that conclusion?
                              Sam Rudge
                              A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Originally posted by Fear_of_Flying

While we're on the subject of skepticism, BoeingKing77 is either 12 years old or someone considerably older with major issues. Let's see, he made his first trip report in 2008 - check it out. From a fifth grader?

Bring on the flames.
                                what??a fifth grader cant post trip reports??I know its unusal to see a 6th grading on a plane site(my friends think its wierd)but my dad was in the Air Force and he liked planes and got me into them

Comment

Working...
                                X