Goodbye....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fear_of_Flying
    I think on a discussion forum everything you read has to be taken with a large dose of skepticism, even if it's something you'd rather not question. London Joe might very well have been deployed to Afghanistan, in which case I wish him all the best.

Scanning his history of posts, I have to say he led a fascinating life in the months leading up to his deployment, traveling all over Europe during the summer, starting at Louisiana Tech in the fall, the whole time having lived in New York and London if I have that right. And he was still planning a trip five days before he announced his deployment, too. I was less than inspired that a professional soldier would make these remarks on this thread: "im fighting for my life while being shot at, saving your asses back home....and your selling sdcards and illegaly advertising on the internet.....i dont know how old you are, but if i met you face to face, i would kick your ass and hang you from a tree by your balls...ok?" Not really the sort of nobility one usually associates with our troops.

While we're on the subject of skepticism, BoeingKing77 is either 12 years old or someone considerably older with major issues. Let's see, he made his first trip report in 2008 - check it out. From a fifth grader?

Again, I'm not saying these people are or are not who they say they are. I'm simply pointing out that you can't take very much at face value. I try to reply to content rather than the person behind the posts just for that reason...but it's not always easy.

Bring on the flames.
    No flames from here, because IMO you are "spot on". Anyone can be anybody on the interwebby.

Comment

I think on a discussion forum everything you read has to be taken with a large dose of skepticism, even if it's something you'd rather not question. London Joe might very well have been deployed to Afghanistan, in which case I wish him all the best.

Scanning his history of posts, I have to say he led a fascinating life in the months leading up to his deployment, traveling all over Europe during the summer, starting at Louisiana Tech in the fall, the whole time having lived in New York and London if I have that right. And he was still planning a trip five days before he announced his deployment, too. I was less than inspired that a professional soldier would make these remarks on this thread: "im fighting for my life while being shot at, saving your asses back home....and your selling sdcards and illegaly advertising on the internet.....i dont know how old you are, but if i met you face to face, i would kick your ass and hang you from a tree by your balls...ok?" Not really the sort of nobility one usually associates with our troops.

While we're on the subject of skepticism, BoeingKing77 is either 12 years old or someone considerably older with major issues. Let's see, he made his first trip report in 2008 - check it out. From a fifth grader?

Again, I'm not saying these people are or are not who they say they are. I'm simply pointing out that you can't take very much at face value. I try to reply to content rather than the person behind the posts just for that reason...but it's not always easy.

Bring on the flames.
      I tend to agree. On this site I've already seen poser pilots, poser passengers and even poser photographers. A poser soldier doesn't seem all that far-fetched.

Comment

Guys seriously, i couldent agree more that he COULD well be a fake

but cmon the chances are hes not

So lets show some respect....please...

Comment

"im fighting for my life while being shot at, saving your asses back home....and your selling sdcards and illegaly advertising on the internet.....i dont know how old you are, but if i met you face to face, i would kick your ass and hang you from a tree by your balls...ok?" Not really the sort of nobility one usually associates with our troops.
          And...who knows what he has been put through...what hes seen...what he has done....what the hell is going through each and every one of those soldiers minds....british,american etc...in all respect..i only think you can judge if you have been in the same situation as he and all others who are there at the moment...

And...No offence to Joe
          But Maybe joining the army was a last resort for him....and if it was...maybe he was embarrased about revealing it....

Comment

Originally posted by United.AirlinesLover View Post
            And...who knows what he has been put through...what hes seen...what he has done....what the hell is going through each and every one of those soldiers minds....british,american etc...in all respect..i only think you can judge if you have been in the same situation as he and all others who are there at the moment...

And...No offence to Joe
            But Maybe joining the army was a last resort for him....and if it was...maybe he was embarrased about revealing it....
            always could be.
            August 29th will be the worst day of the year.

Comment

Guys i can PROMISE you now that Joe is definately in Afghanistan.
              My friend confirmed it for me..
              I can tell you where he is AT THIS EXACT MOMENT (But i wont)
              I can tell you his CO (But i wont)
              I can tell you a few people from his squad (i might if u REALLY wanna know)

I dont even know why you thought he might be faking....
              I mean..just...why...why would he...why would that even enter you mind ?
              :-) Life is like a Journey,Travel it well. United Airlines :smile:
              :heart::smile::D:razz::-):-P:grin::):-D:love:

Comment

Any idea of when he returns home ... ?

Comment

I also have a friend who is quite high in the army, i told him about Joe Barker, who is supposedly in the army. He confirmed it to me, and told me that they had both met in person. He also sent me a couple of Press shots, with Joe in them to prove it to me.
                  Yes i may be able to see why you thought he would be lying. But he's not.

EDIT - Sorry only 1 of them are press shots, others are just general photos.

Comment

I understand that. Yes. There could be, and the chances are there is more than one Joe Barker, but im not lying, he did give photos, they were about one Joseph Barker, and they were all taken in Iraq/Afghanistan. For me that just matched up.

Comment

Oh and to answer LondonFlyer, his duty ends on November31st.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy_Chicken View Post
                        ...his duty ends on November31st.
                        Come again...
                        For the love of God, folks, don't try this at home.

Comment

I mean 21st of November, not 31st. Sorry.

Comment

Anyone who is close to him or has connections with the army, is it truee he has been WIA ?

I was talking to day and i overheard that the name Barker (dunno if it was Joe), of the 101st, i didnt catch any further info.

Hope its not him.

Apparently a squad of some sort got ambushed in some Province.
                            Im not much of an Army know-it-all

Anyway keep me posted...

Comment

Oh yes....

I AM BACK !
                              Theres strong, then theres Army Strong!
                              www.goarmy.com

Comment

Welcome back Joe, good to hear your back safely.

Comment

Working...
                                X