Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flying the Unfriendly Skies of United! (MCI-DEN-OAK, with pics!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flying the Unfriendly Skies of United! (MCI-DEN-OAK, with pics!)

-

Hello Jaspreet,

Great Flight review and good pictures! Too, bad your brother took the window seat on the flight from DEN-OAK. How is AP European History going? Brought back the good memories when I took AP US History four years ago.

United has had labor issues ever since they went bankrupt in 2003, in the post-bankruptcy years (post Feb. 2006), United has gone through various financial struggles, which means salaries at United have remained at a lower level. For instance, one of my friend's mom is a head-purser/flight attendant for United, and used to make around $55,000 in 2000 (with inflation this would be around $70,000 in 2009 dollars), she now makes around $46,000 in 2010. Other members of UA's staff have received similar cuts.

As for United, price is basically the only way they win passengers in Economy, so their service is very basic. Although most of the UA flight attendants I have met, have been pretty nice and professional. One of the main reason's why I prefer United to American. By the way, United no longer uses the "fly the friendly skies" slogan, the current slogan just says "it's time to fly."

UA's new leather seats look pretty good, certainly much better than DL! Yep, Terminal 1 at Oakland is very old. An interesting comparison between UA and WN, and I never knew that you were a United fan a long time ago.

Keep up the good work and regards,

Rohan

Comment

-

Comment

Working...
      X