Air Canada Vancouver 2010 Boeing 777-300ER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Canada Vancouver 2010 Boeing 777-300ER

i am wanting to make a 1:144 scale model of the Air Canada 777-300ER with the Vancouver 2010 olympic artworks on , the guy that is going to make the decals for me needs a close up picture of each of the Artworks that are on the front and rear of the aircraft on each side so he can downsize them to fit the model aircraft (the pictures need to be looking straight at the aircraft not on the angle )

I was wondering if anybody on here has any close up pictures of this or of you know of anywhere i could find them

Richard

Here are some photos for jetphotos.net and Air Canada. You could also look at a website that is similar to that starts with an A if you get what I mean .

Comment

Never mind the decals, how do you plan on modifying the wings, seeing as both the Doyusha and Minicraft kits are 200s?

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Malone View Post
        Never mind the decals, how do you plan on modifying the wings, seeing as both the Doyusha and Minicraft kits are 200s?
        heres how i made the raked winglets
        i already had a template which i found online a while ago
        i decided to do this using 2mm stainless steel sheet i cut the shape out and sanded it to the correct size and shape to get the little antennas on the wing tips i welded some 1.6mm welding wire to the end and cut it back to to right length

heres a picture of the steel winglet attached

both wing sanded back with winglets attached

if you were wondering how i converted the minicraft 777-200 kit into a -300 heres how

before glueing i cut the 2 halfs of the fuselage down the front and rear sections using a sharp stanley knife i then glued the bits i had left together as there is no coversion kit available i went to the idea of plastic pipe to make the plugs , i found that 41mm plastic pipe would just fit inside the fuselage after sanding it down a little so i cut 2 pieces of the 41mm plastic pipe 60mm long allowing for some to go inside the existing fuselage i then measured the center of the pipe and from the center measured 16.5mm either side giving me (33mm) which is the length of the fuselage plug behind the wing , i drew a line all the way round the plug so i had a line on the pipe so i knew how far to glue the pipe into the existing fuselage

heres a couple of pictures of the rear fuselage glued in place , all i need to do with this now i fill the gap and sand it back so it is flush

i have done exactly the same with the front plug except measured 18.5mm either side of the center of the pipe to give me the gap on the front plug of 37mm

i then filled the gaps using millput and sanded them back so the were flush with the existing fuselage

bothe sections sanded back

this is the fuselage undercoated

all i need now is decals and paint , once i get the decals sorted this model will wear the Vancouver 2010 livery

will post more pictures as i progress

Comment

Your approach at the fuselage plugs seems like an awful lot of work. Why not just cut up a spare -200 fuselage for plugs?

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Malone View Post
            Your approach at the fuselage plugs seems like an awful lot of work. Why not just cut up a spare -200 fuselage for plugs?
            i didnt want to waste another kit and the kits are not too easy to get hold of either in england

and a few years back i did convert one using the Braz Models conversion kit . I had an idea that it could be done using the pipe. and i did experiment with two old sections i had cut from a 737 fuselage to see if it would work,and also i like a challenge too
            the hardest part was sanding the filler back because the milliput filler drys really hard

i also like to put ideas out for other people wanting to do the conversion

Comment

OMG sweet! Your making this model! I am making a 1/144 Austrian A319. Garlge Jus/Ben Sweezy, my friend, (lives near me) has made the decals. I understand you work for DrawDecal? Any news on when the decals shall be printed?
              Flickr |Airliners.Net | Airplane-Pictures.Net | Jetphotos.Net

Comment

Originally posted by C-FITL View Post
                OMG sweet! Your making this model! I am making a 1/144 Austrian A319. Garlge Jus/Ben Sweezy, my friend, (lives near me) has made the decals. I understand you work for DrawDecal? Any news on when the decals shall be printed?

yeah i am just waiting for the decals to be done need to paint the fueselage
                NO i dont work for drawdecals , i do use his decals on some of my models i have got the decals made by a guy that sells his own decals on ebay and also he will sells them direct to you too for a very good price and he also does custom sets , i would expect once he has done this set he will make them available to the public

he emailed me the other night and as far as i am aware he has done most of the decals he just needs to make some decals for the emergency exits over the wings ,
                keep a look out on here as i start to paint and decal it i will post pictures on here

heres the link to his ebay page

Richard

Comment

Originally posted by ric100 View Post
                  yeah i am just waiting for the decals to be done need to paint the fueselage
                  NO i dont work for drawdecals , i do use his decals on some of my models i have got the decals made by a guy that sells his own decals on ebay and also he will sells them direct to you too for a very good price and he also does custom sets , i would expect once he has done this set he will make them available to the public

he emailed me the other night and as far as i am aware he has done most of the decals he just needs to make some decals for the emergency exits over the wings ,
                  keep a look out on here as i start to paint and decal it i will post pictures on here

heres the link to his ebay page

Richard
                  I see. Are his decals thick?
                  Flickr |Airliners.Net | Airplane-Pictures.Net | Jetphotos.Net

Comment

Originally posted by C-FITL View Post
                    I see. Are his decals thick?

what do you mean by thick printed on thick paper

Comment

I have painted the fuselage using Xtracolor X553 Air Canada Pale Blue paint here are some pictures

Have the wings painted just need to attach them and the Landing Gear

more pics to follow soon

Comment

Some more pictures with the wings on

All i need now are the decals for it they are on the way

FOR ANY OF YOU WONDERING WHICH PAINT I USED FOR THE FUSELAGE it is available in the UK at hannants www.hannants.co.uk it is Xtracolor X553 AIR CANADA BOEING 777 PALE BLUE

More pictures to follow as i get further on

Comment

heres a scan of the decals

just need to put the on the model now

Comment

Great looking conversion! I might be doing a UA 735 conversion soon. I'm trying to make the whole 80s/90s fleet in the white w/orange, red, and blue cheatline scheme. Just finished the DC-8.
                            sigpic
                            http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Left Tail decal Applied

Just applied the decal to the front left of the fuselage heres a picture

more to follow as i decal the rest of the model

Richard

Comment

Working...
                              X