Which State would you cast adrift?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which State would you cast adrift?

If you were able to get rid of a state or a province in your country, which would it be and why? (Remember, this thread is to be taken in good spirits).

My choices:
    I think New Jersey would be up there. Why? Because without it, it would cut a good two hours or more off the drive from DC to NY. :P
    Also, the Dakotas could be gone and we wouldn't really miss them. I mean, what productive stuff do they do for the rest of us?
    And finally, Texas. Wouldn't they be happier as an independent country, anyway? Just stop sending us members of the Bush family!

Oh, and I can't forget Australia:
    Queensland. Without a doubt. Imagine Alabama, but rich.

For the sake of disclosure (and to provide y'all with ammunition), my "home" states are Virginia, Maryland and South Australia.
    AIRIGAMI.NET
    http://www.airigami.net - The next generation of paper airliner modeling.

Originally posted by Airigami
    I think New Jersey would be up there. Why? Because without it, it would cut a good two hours or more off the drive from DC to NY.

Tanuj.
    "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Oh, come on, Tanuj! Would you really want to begrudge us Mid-Atlantic people from a shorter drive to New York?
      I must say, though, we could keep Newark airport. We'll just wheel it over to Manhattan or something to that effect. :P

So, come on, which state would you get rid of?
      AIRIGAMI.NET
      http://www.airigami.net - The next generation of paper airliner modeling.

Comment

OHIO!! I dunno why, maube it's just a mormon thing... j/k
        "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

I think NJ shoudl become a part of PA.

I still don't know why they call it the garden state!!!
          Should be known as the petrochemical and refinery state!!!

-Pete
          Pete Ganabathi
          Embry Riddle Aeronautical University

Fly Frontier Airlines - A Whole Different Animal

Comment

Pete... LOL

My brothers and I are also always wondering why its called the garden state!

If a state could be caned... without a doubt.. I'd vote for Nebraska.. Nothing there excepty fields and the occasional extremely Conservative village...

DeltaASA16

Comment

Adam: I know seriously man!! The thing is many of my friends here from NJ couldn't answet that either!! Now that just goes to show you, that something ain't right there!!!

-Pete
              Pete Ganabathi

Comment

I'd say Texas is number one on my list.

Comment

In India: Bihar. Like Alabama, but much poorer

In Amerca: I don't know...it depends on what context. I fyou mean to comlelty erase from the face of the earth, my vote goes to the Dakotas. It would be nice if everyone there could just relocate somewhere else, and then it magically turns into a fresh water lake with connection to Lake Superior.

As for granting independence to, I would have to say Nebraska, because even if they became independent, they would still have to listen to America due to the fact that they are surrounded by US soil. Only way out would be by airplanes, and I doubt ppl will fly in and out every day/

But that's if I am forced to make the choise. I kinda like the 50 states thing. I wouldn't mind Puerto Rico joining the USA though!

Comment

I say lets get rid of the People's Republic of Kalifornia.

Comment

Rednecks

Comment

Can we do like Bugs Bunny did in that one cartoon, where he sawed Florida off from the country?

Comment

A Better idea...

Airigami,

How 'bout this instead: Every foreigner who immigrates (especially the illegals) to the USA and bitches about it here gets a one way ticket back to his homeland and is barred from this Nation for good!!! If ya don't like here-leave!!! Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Delta is ready when you are.

Sure some US states are more scenic than others (California vs Nebraska or NJ). The Dakotas have some spectacular scenery (at least South Dakota does). The Black Hills and Mt Rushmore come to mind. If you were to look beyond the end of your nose you would see that every state in the Union has some historical or naturally redeeming attribute. Be it scenic parks, museums, ect. No where else on Earth does a nation have extensive mountain ranges, vast forests, prairies/grasslands, coastal beaches like here in the US. One can ski in Colorado or sunbathe in Florida in the same week. Take an extensive road trip and you will see.

Having a foreigner come to this country and suggest we expell a certain state is for such a stupid reason is truly assinine. How about we expell the UN instead and cut off their funding? No more foreign aid!

Put that in yer pipe and smoke it, Popeye... :P
                          Attitude is as important as altitude...

Comment

Hey does me being an American, allow me to say? I think if you live here you have a right to say what you feel...freedom of speech and such! None of this expell stuff..I dont think thats right. We are all americans and have a right to say what we feel...plus we are just replying to the post.

-Pete
                            Pete Ganabathi

Comment

California, not all of it, just southern California. Maine would be on there too.

Comment

Working...
                              X