Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello, new to this forum and seeking models.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, new to this forum and seeking models.

Hello all, my name is Nick and I am totally new to aviation forums. My main interest (as my name suggests) is researching and learning about the world's air disasters, and I am currently pursuing a career in the NTSB. This may seem morbid to some but for me has been a passionate interest.

Anyway, whenever I finish researching one of these accidents, I enjoy hunting around for a model of the specific plane in question. I only collect plastic models in the 1:150 to 1:250 scale range, so Flight Miniatures, Wooster, and SkyMarks make up my collection. However, I am only able to track down newer models of the planes I want. I have had great trouble locating the older ones, which often are shown in pictures on other forums but no item numbers or manufacturers are given. This is my wanted list based on models that I have seen and know have been produced in my preferred scale, but need the specifics:

American Airlines B767-200 (9/11 attacks)
    American Airlines DC-10-10 (Flight 191)
    United Airlines DC-10-10 (Flight 232, White w/ orange + blue stripe livery)
    United Airlines B767-200 (9/11 attacks, grey and navy livery)
    ValuJet DC-9-32 (Flight 592)

This is my wanted list of models I am not sure have been produced in my preferred scale. Would like to know if they have been:

Air Florida B737-200 (Flight 90)
    Air India B747-200 (Flight 182)
    Avianca B707-300 (Flight 52)
    Japan Airlines B747-100SR (Flight 123)
    Korean Air B747-200 (Flight 007, Early white livery)
    Turkish Airlines DC-10-10 (Flight 981)
    United Airlines B737-200 (Flight 585)

Thank you for your help.

Originally posted by AirCrashInvestigator View Post
    Hello all, my name is Nick and I am totally new to aviation forums. My main interest (as my name suggests) is researching and learning about the world's air disasters, and I am currently pursuing a career in the NTSB. This may seem morbid to some but for me has been a passionate interest.

Anyway, whenever I finish researching one of these accidents, I enjoy hunting around for a model of the specific plane in question. I only collect plastic models in the 1:150 to 1:250 scale range, so Flight Miniatures, Wooster, and SkyMarks make up my collection. However, I am only able to track down newer models of the planes I want. I have had great trouble locating the older ones, which often are shown in pictures on other forums but no item numbers or manufacturers are given. This is my wanted list based on models that I have seen and know have been produced in my preferred scale, but need the specifics:

United Airlines DC-10-10 (Flight 232, White w/ orange + blue stripe livery)

Thank you for your help.
    Something like this?

InFlight 200 are a range of 1:200 scale limited edition model aircraft, with all metal die-cast parts. Featuring antennas, scaled landing gear with rubber tires that roll and high tech tampo printing.

Also found the Korean Air B747-200, altough it's in 1:400

Comment

Wow, great finds. I wish I could afford some of those magnificent Inflight 200 models. Right now I'm sort of limited to the $15-$30 plastics.

On another forum, I saw someone had listed his whole Flight Miniatures and Wooster collection for sale. Most all of the items on my want list were there, so I know the plastic models are out there.

Problem is, I was viewing a post from 9 years ago

Comment

Originally posted by AirCrashInvestigator View Post
        Wow, great finds. I wish I could afford some of those magnificent Inflight 200 models. Right now I'm sort of limited to the $15-$30 plastics.
        That's the problem with older and rare models. I think you'll not make it with $15-$30.

Comment

I thought that might have been the case too, but I just won a really old Wooster American Airlines A300 on Ebay for $4. Seems like the hardest part is just finding them.....

Anyway, last night I ended up solving half the entire list. I stumbled across a GREAT website that photographically documents Wooster models, from W001 all the way to W718, although with a few unknowns. Check it out:

With this find, now I just want to know if these are out there:

Air Florida B737-200 (Flight 90)
          Air India B747-200 (Flight 182)
          Avianca B707-300 (Flight 52)
          Turkish Airlines DC-10-10 (Flight 981)
          United Airlines DC-10-10 (Flight 232, OC)
          ValuJet DC-9

Comment

Working...
          X