Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 49 of 49

Thread: Prevent "too little or too much contrast" rejections

  1. #41
    Senior Member PMN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Bradford, UK
    Posts
    2,379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Siegi N. View Post
    Thanks for trying to help, and as I upluaded photos to JP, more chance to try:

    http://www.jetphotos.net/viewqueued_b.php?id=3133562

    http://www.jetphotos.net/viewqueued_b.php?id=3133557

    http://www.jetphotos.net/viewqueued_b.php?id=3128980

    I hope JP accept me photos

    Regards,
    Siegi.

    The Lufty A319 looks fine but the other two are quite overexposed. My tutorial Ryan linked to places very high importance on using the histogram and doing so will avoid these problems by telling you as soon as you start to blow pixels. The histogram is your friend, so make good use of it.
    Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

    My images on Flickr

  2. #42
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PMN View Post
    The Lufty A319 looks fine but the other two are quite overexposed. My tutorial Ryan linked to places very high importance on using the histogram and doing so will avoid these problems by telling you as soon as you start to blow pixels. The histogram is your friend, so make good use of it.
    Overexposure? the pictures is no burnt, if too high exposure photos burnt.

    Siegi.

  3. #43
    Senior Member PMN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Bradford, UK
    Posts
    2,379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Siegi N. View Post
    Overexposure? the pictures is no burnt, if too high exposure photos burnt.
    The histogram really quite strongly disagrees:



    The line going up the right side of the graph is showing you that parts of the photo are overexposed, the peaks on the left are also showing the shadows are a little too strong. The histogram really is the digital photographers' best friend.

    Your colour space is also wrong. It's Adobe RGB, which means in certain browsers your images will be viewed with less saturation and contrast than your originals. It should be sRGB for internet use.
    Last edited by PMN; 08-31-2010 at 05:21 PM.
    Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

    My images on Flickr

  4. #44
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PMN View Post
    The histogram really quite strongly disagrees:



    The line going up the right side of the graph is showing you that parts of the photo are overexposed, the peaks on the left are also showing the shadows are a little too strong. The histogram really is the digital photographers' best friend.

    Your colour space is also wrong. It's Adobe RGB, which means in certain browsers your images will be viewed with less saturation and contrast than your originals. It should be sRGB for internet use.
    I understand, thank you, i'm a little worry that the bottom plane (wheels) has a shadow also bottom of the engine shaded.
    Try as it seems pictures in queue and further on the, each sees a different picture in his opinion.

    Siegi.

  5. #45
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rtyrpics View Post
    Siegi,
    They look MUCH better now. Can you see the photos look more natural?
    I think they would be probably be ok now. However I will have a proper look later.
    Ryan
    Ryan, thak you

    The photo in queue, i hope JP accept me photo...
    http://www.jetphotos.net/viewqueued_b.php?id=3128980

    Siegi.

  6. #46
    Master of Nigella jid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Knutsford, Cheshire
    Posts
    2,300

    Default

    Still over exposed i'm affraid.

  7. #47
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jid View Post
    Still over exposed i'm affraid.
    My screen i don't feel over exposure.
    Download -0.5 exposure?

  8. #48
    Master of Nigella jid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Knutsford, Cheshire
    Posts
    2,300

    Default

    Just check the histogram the over exposure is easy to see right side of the graph.

  9. #49
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    374

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jid View Post
    Just check the histogram the over exposure is easy to see right side of the graph.
    If it's too high on the right side in histigrama, it's over-exposure?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •