Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australia's newest international?

Hey guys,

Just wondering if you guys could tell me the most recent international airline to start flight ops to Australia.

Thanks a lot

Ian

Virgin Austrailia??
    August 29th will be the worst day of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by BoeingKing77 View Post
      Virgin Austrailia??
      You mean V Australia?

Comment

While V Australia may still be the correct answer, I interpreted the question to ask what was the newest International airline to begin service to Australia. In that event, perhaps Delta or Air Austral would be a consideration.

Within this month Batavia Air plans to expand to a few Australian destinations (with planned EIS on the Dapensar-Perth on 08/26/2010).
        Whatever is necessary, is never unwise.

Comment

Not sure what the answer is but Delta came after Air Union and V Australia.

There is also a mob called Strategic who have started some International flights so they would be another contender.

Comment

Originally posted by tsv View Post
            Not sure what the answer is but Delta came after Air Union and V Australia.

There is also a mob called Strategic who have started some International flights so they would be another contender.
            IIRC Strategic's international flights are charter flights by the Australian Defence Force to the sandpit (Middle East). Wouldn't really call that an international airline.

Comment

Originally posted by SYDCBRWOD View Post
              IIRC Strategic's international flights are charter flights by the Australian Defence Force to the sandpit (Middle East). Wouldn't really call that an international airline.
              Yeah I think most of their International flights are Military Charters.

But according to their website they also have scheduled Commercial flights to DPS from BNE (via PHE) & PER. http://www.flystrategic.com.au/Plan/..._Schedule.aspx

Comment

Working...
              X